1 (edited by riaan 2019-05-10 12:13:15)

Topic: Permission error?

Hi Roel
I installed LuxCal 4.75M and everything looks OK.  However, when I try to change anything in the settings page later on, I get this message:

"Not Acceptable!
An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security."

When I try to add new users, this error message is displayed:

"INVALID REQUEST

Please restart the Calendar."  When restarted, the new member actually sometimes has been added, sometimes not.

The database permissions are set to all.

Can you help?
Thanks
Riaan

Re: Permission error?

Hi Riaan,

Have you tried to refresh the calendar page (Ctrl-F5)?
If so, on the Settings, in the section Views,  try to delete the Map viewer URL. Often mod_security on Apache servers doesn't like URLs in web forms.
If this solves the problem, please let me know and then I will give you a hint on how to solve this.

Roel

Thanks Roel, problem solved after deleting the Map viewer URL...

Hi Roel,

I have the same problem. Tried refreshing the calendar---even tried opening it with a different browser. Also removed the Map viewer URL.  (note: still have the calendar URL in the General setting section of the form).

Nothing seems to help.  Any ideas of more things to try?

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

Could you give me the exact text of the error message.
If it is really the same problem . . .

"Not Acceptable!
An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security."

. . . then it is a server problem. If your server has a cPanel, you could try to open the cPanel and go to the section Security and open ModSecurity and disable ModSecurity for the calendar domain.

I searched the web for possible causes and almost all articles refer to a server problem.
You could also ask your provider to get rid of this error message.

Roel