1 (edited by remat457 2019-10-08 04:51:36)

Topic: PHP version > 7.1.1?

Hello,
My webhost and blogging software want me to upgrade from PHP 7.1.1.

As soon as I do my LuxCal (latest m version) gets the following error in the header (removed path specifics):

"Warning: session_start(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_ol7iq18bhmn12h7bc04js60pess3n7ih, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /.../calendar/index.php on line 106

Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/php_sessions) in /.../calendar/index.php on line 106"

If I switch back to 7.1.1, it works perfectly again. Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: PHP version > 7.1.1?

Hi there,

Your warning message shows that the problem occurs when in the calendar's index.php file on line 106 the "session_start" function is executed.
This means that in the new PHP version the PHP sessions are not working. From the details it looks like there is a file missing in the PHP installation.

The LuxCal calendar works perfectly with the latest PHP versions (V7.2 & V7.3).

There is nothing I can do about this; I think you should contact your web host and report the problem that the PHP sessions are not working and ask them to solve this.

Roel

Ok, thanks Roel - That is what I needed to know. Appreciate the reply!

So I did a diff on the 7.1 and 7.3 PHI.INI files.
I was working on the differences (changing to match) when it started working.
The only thing is that I had reverted all changes back lol.
I am guessing I am using a cached version.

The 2 values that I had changed (to match 7.1) were:
short_open_tag = On
enable_dl = On

Do you use either setting?

thanks

Hi there,

I just checked and did a global search and saw that "short_open_tag" is used by one of the LuxCal calendar scripts. It is anyhow a good idea I think set this to "on".
The enable_dl setting is not used by the LuxCal calendar. And, if I'm correct, this setting was removed as of PHP version 7.0. So I don't think this setting is important.

Roel