Re: Email Notifications

John's suggestion to start 'calcron.php via your browser ('by hand') is a good one. To be able to do this, don't forget on the Settings page, under Periodic Functions to set Cron job host to "Remote", so no IP address. Otherwise is will not be possible.

Roel

Thanks to both of you for your response. I have tried using the local as well as the remote option in settings and have sent the cron job by hand with the following results per the log file:

When using the local option the result is:  2018.11.04 09:06:56 CRONJOB Script: lcalcron:118 - Cron job started - Cron host: local
2018.11.04 09:06:56 CRONJOB Script: lcalcron:123 - Aborted.

When using the remote option the result is:  2018.11.04 09:17:39 CRONJOB Script: lcalcron:118 - Cron job started - Cron host: remote - Remote IP address: 99.45.56.80
2018.11.04 06:17:39 CRONJOB Script: lcalcron:216 - OK.

However, no email is received. Don't know if the responses from the log file provide any help to you.

I am using cronjob.org as the external site to send the cron job and have been since May of this year with no problems. I have sent them an email regarding their IP address and am waiting for a response.  I will report back as I get a response from cronjob.org

As an update, I have not heard back from cronjob.org so have no way of knowing if the IP address listed is the one that should be used.  Still have not received any notifications.

Hello Fred,

I have sent you an email.

Roel