RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / I'm blind or User Filter Menu doesn't work.
Posted:  11 Feb 2013 12:00
Hello,

In the demo if it suppose to show users like categories I don't see it.

In my own installations I've enabled and disabled it and I don't seem to see a difference.

I wondered if it was just the user name at the bottom of the event when you clicked on it but again disabling it I could still see my name there.

If it's in a spot I'm just not seeing can you please post a screen shot.

Thanks
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  11 Feb 2013 21:58
Hi Dan,

I understand your confusion.
When I released LuxCal v 2.7.0 one of the beta testers said that for privacy reasons the public (not logged in) user should not see the user filter in the Options panel. So in other words the public user should not be able to see the names of registered users. Personally I didn't find it a big deal, but nevertheless I changed the code as suggested at that time.
So if the admin on the Settings page has enabled the user filter menu for the Options panel, then this user filter menu is only visible to, and consequently can only be used by, logged in users.
I still believe it's not a big deal if a public users could see and use the user filter, after all just a username doesn't really contain much sensitive information.
To avoid confusing exceptions, I will change this back in the next LuxCal release. So all users, including not logged in users, will be able to use the user filter, if the filter is enabled by the admin.
Roel
Posted:  11 Feb 2013 23:56
Hi Roel,

I see. I thought I also checked it when I was logged in to see if that made a difference.

I agree, I can't see what the privacy issue would be, unless you were married and you were at a dating site. ohmy

I'm glad you are switching it back. I thought the idea of it being visible to visitors was so I knew that John Doe tended to post interesting events I want to select his name and see all his events. It would have nothing to do with me be logged in.

If it isn't too difficult, perhaps you could give the admin the option, visible to public, or has to be logged in.

Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html