RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / URL to admin?
Posted:  19 Jan 2013 18:15
Hi,

I've been bending LuxCal into looking the way I want, e.g. no top bar with all those options.
However, I realize now that I managed to screw up, royally, by hiding those options,
For instance, I can't find a way to log in to the admin area.
Stupid me who thought there was an obvious way to just point the browser to some admin catalogue....
So, my question is: How do I log in to the admin area if I don't have that login button available?
What's the URL?

Cheers,
Yussi
(who's deeply embarrassed...)
Posted:  19 Jan 2013 19:10   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Yussi, I'm glad you are deeply embarrassed; it's a real shame to take away a navigation bar, which I developed with so much love and affection  . . . wink

It's not just a question of the right URL. If there is no navigation bar anymore, then - even if I told you a trick to log in - after logging in there would be no admin menu, because this menu is also part of the navigation bar.
So it really depends on what you want to do.
Is the calendar only for yourself, or have you customized the calendar because it's going to be used by others, who should not see the navigation bar?
(Btw: did you know that the navigation bar can be suppressed by adding "?hdr=0" to the URL? See installation_guide.html section 5e)
If the calendar is just for yourself, let me know and I will give you some suggestions how to overcome the log-in problem.
If it's going to be used by others, I suggest to create two instances of the calendar, one for other users (the customized one you've already created) and another for yourself in a separate folder with the full calendar with navigation bar.
So for instance:
www.yoursite/luxcalglobal
and
www.yoursite/luxcalprivate
You can create a second instance by creating a second subfolder (e.g. luxcalprivate above) and just uploading all original LuxCal files and thereafter you should copy the file lcconfig.php from the first instance to the new folder.
This solution is based on LuxCal 2.7.3; if you are using another version, let me know and I will give you further help.
Now you can launch the full calendar, with navigation bar, via your luxcalprivate URL and other should use the luxcalglobal URL to launch your customized calendar.

If this solution is not what you are looking for, then please give me exact details on what you want to achieve. Thereafter I will give you further support.
Roel
Posted:  20 Jan 2013 21:17
@Roel:

Turns out that my confusion wasn't totally unfounded. Something is going on and here's the situation:

When first opening the calendar directly using path luxcalendar/index.php it's fine. I get all the buttons, etc.
When opening the very same calendar via an iframe using path luxcalendar/index.php?hdr=0&cP=2, the navbar doesn't show. Exactly as I wish.
However, when I then open the same calendar using luxcalendar/index.php (i.e. without the conditions), the navbar doesn't show.
I have emptied cache, tried finding cookies to delete, etc. No go. The navbar is gone.
When I try the very same URL (luxcalendar/index.php) in another browser, the buttons shows up just fine.

What I'm after is a public view without the navbar, and an admin view with the navbar with the login button.

Hope I managed to explain....

Yussi
Posted:  20 Jan 2013 22:52   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Yussi,
You made yourself perfectly clear.
The reason for this behaviour is that when you open the calendar via an iframe with "?hdr=0", the calendar is opened without header (navbar), which is right. What happens is that this choice hdr=0 (no header) is stored by the calendar in a PHP session, so that it is remembered when you surf through the different calendar views.
PHP sessions remain active (normally) for 60 minutes. So if thereafter you open the calendar via a direct link (without the conditions) within 60 minutes, the calendar (via the PHP session) still thinks that hdr=0 is active and consequently the calendar will show no navbar.

The solution: add to your direct link "?hdr=1". Simple ain't it? (You can of course also wait 60 minutes sad )
Roel

PS. As suggested earlier, opening the login window by adding "?xP=20" to the URL might sometimes work, but is not a good idea. The login window has it's own mind and wants to be opened via a button click.
Posted:  04 Feb 2013 14:51
Hi Roel,

I'm was going to integrate all the LuxCal calendars I set up with the other program I use that supports login module's. You might recall the author of PMD (the other program) created one for me.

Here is the way it works, you pick which program will be used for logins and creating users accounts, in this case it will be LuxCal.

For the setup of PMD I have to put the line of the login module, using the example above this would be the line I would need to use. http://www.yourdomain.com/luxcal/index.php?xP=20

There however is a couple of problems, one minor and the other is huge. The minor problem is if I use that line, here is one to test of a live calendar, http://www.dailyrestaurantspecials.ca/ontario/index.php?xP=20 after I login you just have a gray screen the has the following text Log in Time-out. Please close this window, reload the calendar and try again and a close button.

The second issue is the real problem, the 332 calendars are in like 80 installations so there isn't a single url to the login. It appears there would have to be a central login for all calendars or I would have to use a single calendar for all 332 cities. That wouldn't work because one event could be 3000 miles / 5000 kms away.

My only other option would be to keep the registration and logins separate and try to get SSO to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  17 Mar 2014 03:17
Hello,

I have just installed the calendar and the login bar disappears? We can log-in as the administrator at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Posted:  17 Mar 2014 23:00   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi there,

I need more details to give a sensible answer. E.g. when did the navigation bar disappear? Was it maybe after you experimented with  adding ?hdr= o to the calendar URL? Was there a navigation bar before? Etc.

The only thing I can suggest now is: try adding ?hdr=1 to the calendar URL.
Please let us know if this helped.
Roel