RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / Session or Cookie issue with multiple Calendars
Posted:  18 Dec 2012 15:30
I've gotten back to installing more of the calendars and then populating them with the same data as the original.

Here is the weird part, after I run the update of the data and log in, it will show the categories and users ok but the settings show a previous calendar name, directory and settings. I check the database using PhpMyAdmin and everything is fine. I go to the calendar with another browser and it shows the proper settings.

If I close the window and reopen it things still don't get updated. When I change a setting it gets changed in the proper calendar database file, it's just the way it is displaying.

I'll send you the url via the contact form in case you want to create accounts and log into different calendars when you have time. I don't think most users will be going to multiple calendars but if they do it really throws you off when the path shows one calendar but the name of the screen is from a previous one.

Thanks
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  18 Dec 2012 18:59   Last Edited By: Roel B.
You're right, this should not happen.
I had a detailed look at your calendars and most probably found the problem. I've sent you a fix by email.

In the new LuxCal version 3.1.0 - I'm currently working on - a new "session management" system has been introduced, which is I believe much more robust. With this version users can switch from one calendar to another while their session for each individual calendar will remain active without messing up the session of other calendars.
Roel
Posted:  19 Dec 2012 00:41
When it's ready for beta testing fire off a copy to me and I test it out to see if I can break it. wink

Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  21 Dec 2012 00:43
Roel ...  3.1.0 ???  what did I miss?  My drinking must have effected my vision, cuz I only see 2.7.3.
Posted:  21 Dec 2012 11:39
Lol, yeh, maybe the turn of the year would be a good moment to consider giving up drinking, smoking and a couple of other bad habbits smile
Version 3.1.0 is a new LuxCal version, which is currently under development. This version will support more than one (many) individual calendars with one calendar installation, which makes setting up and maintaining multiple calendars much easier.
Dan will start using it soon to help us testing, but the official release will be in 2013.
Roel