The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar
|Posted: 10 Dec 2012 23:21 Last Edited By: Roel B.|
Join Date: Dec 2009
LuxCal version 2.7.3 has quite a number of improvements and various new settings, which can be changed by the calendar administrator to customize the calendar's user interface and behavior.
1. Various new admin settings
The admin's Settings page has been slightly reorganized and the following new settings have been added:
- Under General: Two settings to enable/disable the display of the Todo List and Upcoming List buttons on the navigation bar.
- Under General: A setting to choose between navigation bar buttons with text or with icons.
- Under General: A new setting to enable/disable private events.
- Under Dates/Times: The time format can now also be set to "hours with leading zeros".
- Under Mini Calendar: The admin has the option to specify the URL to be launched when a user clicks the month at the top of the calendar to go to the full calendar. This could for instance be the URL of a page with the embedded calendar.
2. Improved way to store version number and database credentials
The configuration file lcaldbc.dat with encrypted db credentials has been replaced by a unencrypted lcconfig.php file. Better security (.php script file) and, if needed, the db credentials can be easily changed by the administrator.
3. RSS feed events matching the calendar views
If the user has selected certain categories and/or users in the Options Panel, the same filter will be applied to the RSS feed so that the RSS feed events always match the currently displayed events.
4. No interference when using multiple calendars
The PHP session name is now set to a computed calendar ID. This avoids interference among multiple calendars in the same domain and accessed from the same computer. Cookies used to remember users (remember me) now also have a unique name per calendar and should cause no mix up any more when using multiple calendars on the same computer.
5. Event category filter is now based on category sequence number
In the new sidebar and the option panel, the event category filter is now based on category sequence numbers rather than category IDs. The sequence numbers can be found on the admin's Categories page, which is more transparent to the admin.
6. Various minor improvements and bug fixes
- Repeat information (like: "Repeat every week until dd.mm.yyyy") has been removed from the upcoming events in the RSS feed, because it had no added value.
- To make the use of the Options button more clear to the user, when pressed, the text on the button will change from "Options" to "Done".
- The font family and size of the event details in the hover popup box has been added to the theme files of the full and the mini calendar and can now easily be tailored.
- Measures have been taken to prevent unauthorized viewing of private events by maliciously opening the event window directly via the URL.
- Validation added for the sequence number entered in the category form, to avoid invalid input causing a MySQL syntax error.
- In the form to add a new category, the sequence number field is now pre-filled with the next available number.
- Update script improved. Better recovery from old releases and error reporting more clear.
- Error in the parsing (regex) of URLs, causing a problem to display URLs in month view, solved.