RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / Add Locations Areas Regions for filter
Posted:  08 Dec 2012 12:24   Last Edited By: Danwestlake
Please consider adding a location feature like categories.

Where I live a town could be 50 miles or 80 kms away. It's not close, and not far. I only want to find the ones listed near me. It would be nice if like categories we could specify locations such and town, city, province, state or territory.

Now if we want to cover different areas we have to install separate calendars.

Thanks
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  08 Dec 2012 17:01   Last Edited By: Danwestlake
I didn't explain why I asked for this feature and why I think it would be good.

Say I want to set up a website that is theme specific like Go Cart racing. In theory there might not be any categories since the theme is Go Cart racing but there is Go Cart racing that goes on all over the country.

If I live in Florida I don't want the Go Cart racing events showing from other states so I can select just Florida to see when some races are going on that I could go see.

In theory I could just edit the files and rename Category to Location. I might need categories for other categories as well as racing.

Roel, I don't know how far you want to take LuxCal. I could see it becoming the WordPress of Web Calendar scripts.

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  09 Dec 2012 00:08   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Dan,

I'm keeping a list with all suggestions, but I can't promise anything. There are several users who've sent me recently a lot of mostly good suggestions and I've implemented quite a number of them lately, but as said earlier my time is limited. And you know my priorities at the moment wink

How far do I want to take LuxCal? To be honest I don't know; we're not a big team working on this calendar and being over-ambitious does not necessarily lead to great success. Maybe some time a crowd of enthusiastic programmers will volunteer to join, but I doubt it ohmy
Roel