RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / Google Map
Posted:  02 Dec 2012 15:03
I tried to post a message yesterday but it kept giving me a message saying it wasn't allowed. I don't know why, I wasn't posting to a bad url or using swear words or anything so I'll try it again wording it differently.

1. The ability to add fields would be nice.

2. Venue means where or location. I know you are trying to keep LuxCal small and fast. I like that. With a Google Map API it would be nice to put the address and it have either a small icon or Map link so people can see the location.

Thanks
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  02 Dec 2012 15:26
Once the world leaders decide to increase the number of hours in a day from 24 to let's say 48 I will consider all your good suggestions wink

1. Creating an option for the user to add fields is really difficult. Adding fields to the database tables is easy, however adapting the user interface to be able to enter data in the new fields and to show the new fields in the calendar views and add them to email reminders, etc. is quite something else.

2. Yes great. Time is my only constraint.

Roel
Posted:  02 Dec 2012 18:38
I certainly understand what you are saying. If I had any kind of clue how to program I would gladly help with the project.

If not being able to add extra fields perhaps when you have time a fixed / defined field for a google map. By that I mean for those that would want / use it even if it didn't have the Google API a text box called Google Map. The person could copy and paste the link manually. It wouldn't get printed, in the display it would simply say Map.

Most of the other items a person can simply type in and don't need a field. Google Map links can get pretty long unless you use the short url making things downright ugly.

Oh yes and another similar fixed field would be link for their website that again just says Website instead of showing the url.

Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html