RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
Posted:  30 Nov 2012 12:11
Hello,

I noticed for when doing self registration there is no Terms of Use or Privacy Policy to agree too.

What I have done in on the page that I have Luxcal is put.
By registering and using the you are verifying you have read and agree to be bound by the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy of London Area Business Directory.com.

It would be nice if on the registration page we could include two links, one to Terms of Use and Privacy Policy with a check box they can select that they agree before registering.

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  02 Dec 2012 15:58
I'm sure you know how to add these check boxes with links wink

Most users (when the calendar is used for private use only) don't want to see these check boxes and links. So then there should also be an admin setting to disable them.
Posted:  02 Dec 2012 18:29
Hi Roel,

Actually I don't know how to add the check boxes, I'm not a programmer. If the check box isn't checked the code needs to look for that and not allow the registration if not checked.

Adding links is simple. What I tried to say is in my other script that had some basic text I just edited to add the part about them reading the Terms and Privacy. I didn't have to create the checkbox part of the registration.

What I've seen on other sites is text saying by your use you agree to the terms, not quite as good in my mind.

Even on a private site you still might need terms if self registration is involved.

A agree it should be an option in the Admin in case it's not needed.

Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html