RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / Session variable mix up between two calendars
Posted:  26 Nov 2012 16:34
Hello

First of all this is the greatest calendar I have ever met thump_up

I installed two different calendars to store events for two different areas. The page which includes the calendars is a "one page site" which means that cal A and B are loaded at the same time.

In this case whenever I change any details of calendar A (or B) it will be applied also to the other calendar as well.
E.g: view, calendar name, selected day (week etc.).
If I change something on the settings page and save it for calendar A the values will stored also for cal B in the database.

Also there are conflicts between calendar users which were mentioned here also by others.

Is there any plan to improve this behavior of the session handling? (If the problem really lies in there)

I'm using LuxCal 2.7-1

Thank you in advance!
Posted:  27 Nov 2012 00:20
Hi there,
Yes, you are right, the problem is caused by the session mechanism. A few other users reported this problem before, so maybe it's about time to do something about it.
Ive already looked a bit around and know that this is going to take some time. So please be patient.

If you send me your email address (via the Contact Us Page) I will notify you when it's done.
Roel
Posted:  30 Nov 2012 23:03
This problem has been solved and the fix will be included in the next LuxCal release.

If someone with multiple LuxCal calendars in the same domain would like to test the fix, please let us know via the Contact Us page.
Roel
Posted:  01 Dec 2012 03:50
If you are running multiple calendars on the same domain I assumed they would all have separate logins and settings. Is there the ability to have multiple calendars on the same domain that share user database and settings but categories and event data are separate?

Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  01 Dec 2012 11:04
Hi Dan,
No, this is not possible with the current LuxCal version. Calendars are completely independent and sharing the user database and settings would require a program change.
Roel
Posted:  01 Dec 2012 11:43
Hi Roel,

Thank you for the clarification, I didn't think they did.

If my understanding of the situation is correct, what you are saying is two calendars are like two twin brothers, they are completely independent and different but sometimes people think one is the other.

I'm thinking of a website project where multiple calendars would be used for different areas or broad categories. I'll send you my email address via the contact us and I'll help test it.

Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html