RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / cannot send email
Posted:  08 Nov 2012 12:38
no email can send for any event.

I am using gmail. Please help me, thanks in advance
Posted:  08 Nov 2012 18:37   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi there,
To give you a detailed answer, I'm afraid I will need some more details.
Do you mean that if you check for instance "Send mail now" in the Event window, no email is sent?
Or do you mean that you've created a cron job to start the periodic functions of the calendar, but you don't receive an email with the cron job summary?
Or do you mean you don't receive any email notifications for events for which a notification has been requested?
Or do you mean something else?

Please note that the LuxCal calendar sends emails via the PHP mail function and not via an SMTP server.
Roel
Posted:  09 Nov 2012 05:02   Last Edited By: chayote
These are my answer:

Do you mean that if you check for instance "Send mail now" in the Event window, no email is sent? yes
Or do you mean that you've created a cron job to start the periodic functions of the calendar, but you don't receive an email with the cron job summary?  yes
Or do you mean you don't receive any email notifications for events for which a notification has been requested? yes

And I did not receive email after register

Here is my website: http://booking.kiemtoannoibo.com.vn
Posted:  09 Nov 2012 12:11   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi again,
Thanks, that's what I needed.
I had a look at your site and saw in your PHP installation details that mail has been disabled. Most probably this is the reason you are not receiving any emails.
You can see this by launching the file phpinfo.php in the directory "pages" of your calendar, click: phpinfo, which shows all details of the PHP installation on your server.
Scroll down a bit to "Core" and have a look at "disable_functions"; here you will see that "mail" is in the list of disabled functions.

I suggest to ask your provider to enable the mail function for you. If you have access to the php.ini file, you can maybe enable mail yourself.

We would be grateful if you could send us (via the email address on the Contact Us page) the Vietnamese language files which you have translated. We would be proud to add Vietnamese to our LuxCal language packs smile
Roel
Posted:  12 Nov 2012 11:56
Hi admin,

I cannot send email via your contact us page, so I post the link to download package here.

Here is Vietnamese package, you can download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?pgcepfczc86po1o

In the package, I only translated front end, did not translate back end.

Thank you so much for your calendar open source.

I have asked my provider to enable the mail function, if it cannot enable how I can send email. Thank you so much for your reply.
Posted:  12 Nov 2012 18:03   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Chayote,

The link you posted links to ai-tiengviet, which is the "back end". Could you also send me the file ui-tiengviet.php, and if you made any changes, the file ug-tiengviet.php please. You can send the file(s) to the following email address rb@luxsoft,eu.

If your provider will not enable the mail function - which would very much surprise me - you could try to change the setting in the php.ini file. Often users have access to the php.ini file and can change it contents.
In the php.ini file you will find the following three lines:

; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost
smtp_port = 25

First you must make sure that there are no semicolons (;) at the start of the last two lines.
Second, you could replace the text "localhost" by the IP address of your own mail server. (For example: SMTP = 255.197.00.452).  So that emails are sent through your own SMTP server.
I found this on the internet; I'm not 100% sure this works.

You could aslo have a look at : enable-e-mail-in-php-on-windows/
Roel
Posted:  13 Nov 2012 03:52
My provider say that:

"by mail  in PHP to send mail without authentication SMTP (sending mail does not need to declare the sent address and password authentication valid SMTP to send mail), just declare sent to the addresscan successfully send mail and this lead to international server with anti-spam blocking and can not send-receive mail anymore than being put into the Black list"

I have 2 websites using the hosting of that provider, all of them send email via smtp, it is ok. Could lucal calendar config to send via smtp?

PS: I sent vietnamese packed to your email.
Posted:  14 Nov 2012 00:02   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Chayote,
Thanks for the Vietnamese language files.
It's a pity your provider doesn't want to enable mail. As far as I know normally all providers have mail enabled.

I have centralized the sendMail function in the file common/toolbox.php and therefore it should not be too difficult to implement SMTP mail, using a free solution like for instance PHPMailer. But it requires a good knowledge of PHP and some programming experience.
It's probably going to be one of my next projects, but it's too late to include this in the next LuxCal release 2.7.2.
Roel
Posted:  14 Nov 2012 05:03
Hi Roel B,

Thank you for your reply. I hope the next luxcal release 2.7.3 solving my issue.

Regards!