RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Sync with Google Calandar
Posted:  04 Nov 2012 23:25
Hello,

I am using this LuxCal for a intranet where users can import there events etc.

I then have someone using the Google Calandar as they say it alerts them when a event happens etc on there phone.

Is there a way when they add/delete/edit a event on the LuxCal to send it to the Google Calandar as well?

Or better again, is there a way to display the alert on a phone other than going to the LuxCal on there phone ?
Posted:  06 Nov 2012 00:56
Hi Aaron,
Unfortunately this is not possible. LuxCal is a web application which needs a web browser to launch it. It cannot independently send data to an other application, nor can it trigger an alarm if not first launched via a browser.

Synchronizing for instance with a Google Calendar can only be done by manually exporting an iCal file in LuxCal and importing this file in the Google Calendar. But this is probably not what you are looking for.
Roel
Posted:  07 Nov 2012 00:48
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there a way if a User inserts something into the LuxCal and using the Google API send the same event to the Google Calandar as well, and if they add a event using the Google Calandar its there bad luck and they should of used LuxCal to add/delete events as it will send events using the Google API to the Google Calandar.
Posted:  07 Nov 2012 15:20
Hi Aaron,
So far we have not really looked into this possibility.
I had a quick look at the Google API and I must say it looks interesting. I will have a more detailed look shortly, however, if we decide to implement an interface via the Google API, it will take quite a bit of time.

So for the time being what you are asking is not possible.
Roel