The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / Setup Tutorials
Posted:  02 Nov 2012 18:06
Hey Roel,

I was wondering if it would be possible for you to add two tutorials

1. How to get the email working.

2. How to use Single Sign-On  (SSO)

if you already have these somewhere could you please show me where?
Posted:  02 Nov 2012 19:57   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Travis,
1. Email tutorial
Because the normal PHP mail works "out of the box", I assume you mean email via a SMTP server with authentication using the free PEAR Mail package. Eh, yes, good idea. However, I've not implemented this myself. In the last LuxCal version the way has been paved to implement SMTP mail: all mail is sent through a central sendMail function in toolbox.php. So it should be a piece of cake. Just a matter of time . . .
2. Single Sign On (SSO)
Single sign on is very easy to implement and is described in the installation_guide.html - section 5e.
Basically, when the calendar is embedded, the parent script should start a PHP session (if not done already) and, after the user logged in on the parent page, store the username (or the user email address) in the PHP session variable $_SESSION['lcUser'] somewhere before the iframe statement containing the LuxCal calendar. That's all.

BTW: When writing this reply I've also updated the installation_guide.html and made section 5 (Embedding)  better readable. If you want the updated file, send me your email address via the Contact Us page.
Roel
Posted:  05 Nov 2012 17:27
Thanks Roel!

Thought it would more setup then this, I will give it a try and let you know if i run into any problems.

Travis
Posted:  06 Nov 2012 22:04   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Roel

The Single Sign-On works great! It was lot easier to do than I thought it would be thank you for all of your help!

Travis
Posted:  06 Nov 2012 23:13
With pleasure!
Roel