RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / Cron notifications
Posted:  12 Sep 2012 01:01
Hello again,

I noticed in a mail log file that anytime the email notifications are sent for an event, I get the following message:

Quote:

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: _SESSION in /var/www/html/Calendar/AbbyDeliveries/common/retrieve.php on line 49

Not causing any issues but it would be nice to get rid of the message.  Not sure if it should be changed in code or if I missed something in my Webserver/PHP setup.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Michael
Posted:  12 Sep 2012 11:28
Thanks Michael, you are right.
Like you I'm of the opinion that PHP Notices should be avoided as much as possible, so I've solved this problem. If you send me your email address and let me know which LuxCal version you are using, I will sent you a changed file with a fix.
Roel
Posted:  12 Sep 2012 14:59

Quote:

I'm of the opinion that PHP Notices should be avoided as much as possible

You crack me up.
Posted:  12 Sep 2012 19:44   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Good to hear from you again Gork,
Ha, I must admit I had to look up "crack up" in the English - Dutch dictionary.
I''m still not sure, but I think you are jealous and want the changed file with the fix too :) Is that right?
Roel
Posted:  13 Sep 2012 08:16   Last Edited By: Gork
lol  It's an English phrase that means you make me laugh.  ;)  That would have been a tough one to try to figure out via a literal translation with an English to Dutch dictionary!

I've been around all along - I read all posts and install all updates as soon as you release them.  There's just not been much my limited knowledge could help with and I haven't been running across any oddities in the software.  I installed 270b the day you released it and haven't run into any problems, save one "cache issue" directly after install.  I've never tried using any of this fancy cron stuff though...
Posted:  13 Sep 2012 23:31
Thanks Roel,

Message sent!