The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / Admin functions not working
Posted:  24 Aug 2012 22:34
I converted my site from a Windows server to a Linux server on Godaddy hosting

lcconfig270.php says I am using
PHP 5.2.17
MySQL 5.0.92

When I try to login to my admin account, it takes the user name and password and just re-displays the public screen and still shows Public as the user logged in.

The calendar displays events already in the database when I use a bookmark to load the  calendar. But doesn't let me edits a user, add a category or event.

Also the login screen doesn't display properly in SeaMonkey, but okay with IE & Firefox.

Jim
Posted:  25 Aug 2012 22:18   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Jim,
Your PHP and MySQL versions are just fine.
We've had quite some problem reports before from users using Godaddy hosting.
The fact that after logging in, the top bar on the right hand side still shows Public view means that PHP sessions are not working for your account on the Godaddy server. this can be caused by the fact that PHP sessions are not enabled in the PHP installation on your server, which is normally not the problem, or the "session.save_path" is not set to a valid path, which is most of the time causing the problem.
Launch www.yoursite.xxx/yourcalendar/pages/phpinfo.php and scroll down to "session" (alphabetic order) and check "session.save_path"; it should normally be set to "/temp" or "no value". You can change this in the php.ini file. If you are not familiar with this, let us know and we will help.

To be able to edit events, you initially need admin access. Either to edit events or to set up a (or several) user account(s) with "post own" or "post all" rights.
Roel
Posted:  26 Aug 2012 01:19
Roel,
It was already set to no value, I'll e-mail you the results of phpinfo.php via private e-mail

This system was working fine under Windows and I used GoDaddy's hosting to convert it to a Linux server.

I am the Administrator as showed in the users screen.

Also I didn't get the cron job summary last night.

Can I reinstall using the existing My SQL database that has many events we have put in over the last several months under Windows?

Jim
Posted:  26 Aug 2012 13:00
Jim,
PHP sessions
As said before several users reported problem with Godaddy. As far as I know they eventually managed to get it all working by editing the php.ini file for their account.
Cronjobs
The same users had some initial problems with running cron jobs on a Godaddy server. As far as I know the cronjob command on a Godaddy server should look as follows:
php -q /home/<account name>/public_html/<calendar folder>/lcalcron.php
Note: I could not test this.
Reinstalling LuxCal
If you have a database with all LuxCal tables created and the settings table populated with the LuxCal settings, then (re-)installing the calendar is easy:
1. Upload all LuxCal files and directories
2. Make sure that the file lcaldbc.dat is present in the calendar root directory (lcaldbc.dat contains the encrypted data the calendar uses to connect to the database, so it must be the lcandbc.dat file with the credentials of the database you want to use).
Roel
Posted:  26 Aug 2012 13:35
Roel,
Tried to e-mail you the output of phpinfo.php yesterday, but Yahoo must have been having trouble yesterday, but it sent this morning.

Looking at the output again to try to find this php.ini and in the file it's listed as being at /web/conf/php5.ini but Filezilla doesn't show a folder by that name.  Is the ini file a system generated one or a LuxCalendar one?

I thought you eliminated the cron job in the latest job and did it internally somehow in the latest release.

Jim
Posted:  26 Aug 2012 17:09
Solved!!

It requires a custom php5.ini file in your web root.
I have e-mailed Roel detailed instructions on how I did it.

Thanks for your support.

Jim
Posted:  26 Aug 2012 21:19
For those who are concerned,

I will start a dedicated thread on PHP session problems and the effect on the LuxCal calendar.
In this thread I will pay special attention to users hosting their calendars on a Godaddy server and publish the detailed instructions Jim sent me (see above). I'll make this a "sticky" post.
Roel