RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / user alignment
Posted:  16 Aug 2012 10:51
hello,
I was wondering if there is any way i can set up the cal so that each user has their own column, ie. all joe's appointments in column 1
sue's in 2 etc. (in daily view) this would really help us see what's happening at a glance. Or, could i set up individual cals with different user ids, i tried this but when i changed the user ids the cals stopped working. please help!
cheers
andy
Posted:  16 Aug 2012 12:18   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hello Andy,
Setting up the calendar with columns per user in Day view is currently not possible. For a limited number of users this could be done, but would require a major change.
Setting up several individual calenders (using the same database) is possible, but accessing these calendars from the same computer could cause interference of user IDs.
As you may have seen, (if enabled on the admins Settings page) in the Options Panel you can select to display events of one particular user.
With a small modification of the index.php file I can make it possible to add the "user to be displayed" to the URL of the calendar. So in this case for instance "www.yoursite.xxx?cU=1" would only display the events of the user with userid 1 (cU stands for Current User).
A disadvantage is that you need to know the IDs of the users as stored in the Users table of the database.
If you are interested in this possibility send me your email address and the current version of your LuxCal calendar (via the Contact Us page). I will then send you the change and give you further explanation.
Roel