RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Is it possible to change titles?
Posted:  12 Aug 2012 08:21
Is it possible to personalise some of the entries ie instead of "Upcoming Events", or "Venue" which doesn't sit quite happily with the scheme I'm working with?  It's not a huge issue but knowing how flexible this calendar is I was convinced there might be a way.

Thanks.
Posted:  12 Aug 2012 20:00   Last Edited By: Roel B.
You're right all user interface texts can be very easily tailored to your needs.
All user interface texts are coming from the language files.
For the normal users the user interface texts are coming from the file lang/ui-english.php. If  you look in this file, and search for example for the word "venue", then wherever you find "venue" change this word on the right side of the => sign to what you need.
For the administrator pages you will find the texts in the lang/ai-english.php file.

If you have users who use a different language, you should do the same for the other language(s) (see the lang/ directory for the available languages).
Roel
Posted:  13 Aug 2012 07:37
Brilliant - thanks very much indeed for that Roel. thump_up
Posted:  13 Aug 2012 08:26
I've found and changed the entries and they work just great. 

One more small thing - is it possible to change the case of the timestamp for events when using 12 hour clock from AM PM to am pm please?

Finally I notice that in the calendar when displayed the date for today for example only shows 13-08-201 - the window (to the right of the Optionsbutton) is just too small to show the complete year.

Thanks once again.
Posted:  13 Aug 2012 12:46   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Graham,
To change AM/PM to am/pm apply the following change (with a plain text editor) to the file common/toolbox.php:
On lines 7 and 14 change "g:iA" to "g:ia" (so change the uppercase A into a lowercase a).

Concerning the window for the date which is too small, as far as I know this is only a problem in IE6 (which is rather out of date). You can make it wider by editing the file canvas/header1.php:
On line 98 change echo '<input style="width:60px;" type="text" name="newD" . . . into echo '<input style="width:70px;" type="text" name="newD . . ." (so change the width e.g. from 60px to 70px).
Roel
Posted:  14 Aug 2012 04:43
Hi Roel

Excellent - thank you so much.  I am actually using Firefox v15.0 - but your solution solved the issue.
Posted:  15 Aug 2012 23:26
Huh, Firefox v15.0. Is there already an official release available?
Posted:  19 Aug 2012 12:44
Sorry - I missed your question Roel - my Firefox is version 15.0 and es, you are correct - I forget I was on the beta channel with Mozilla.