RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / Just upgraded to v270
Posted:  02 Aug 2012 14:26
I suppose if everyone started a post just to indicate they installed the latest version it'd be a bit silly.  But here I am anyway!

I just installed v270 and it went off without a hitch, no glitch, no issues, no oddities, nothing.  Was switching to HTML5 a really big deal?  I assume as much, but either way, grats on a seemless release.  I was hoping for the month view printing with this release, been watching for that one for ages now, but my guess is updating to HTML5 will make that work better anwyay.  And besides that, I'm patient.  I've been using Luxcal for over a year now and am just impressed as a peach with it!  :)
Posted:  02 Aug 2012 23:28   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hello Gork,
Yes, you are right, shame on me! Month view printing . . . this is one of the first things I will further investigate. If I manage to get this working properly, you will be the first to receive an update ;)
Do you have any special wishes?
A lot of things can already be "set up" in the browsers, like: printing of background colors on/off, portrait or landscape, headers and footers on/off, margins, etc.
I suggest to always print one full month (selectable by the user), which will fit on a portrait A4 sheet. The print should be a copy of the Month view, excluding the navigation bar, the footer, the scroll bar and the  back + forward arrows.
What do you think?
Posted:  03 Aug 2012 17:48   Last Edited By: Gork
Yeah, this is exactly what I'm thinking about as well.  Most simply I'd like to be able to just print a single month per page (A4 good golly molly we just use Letter (A?) around these parts, but close enough.)  My preference is black and white, or something that will print in black and white easily (no colors mucking up the view of the print in grayscale.)  I agree with you that it should fit properly on a page in portrait mode.  Oh the month should be properly displayed in large font atop each page as well!  And a color photo corresponding to the season of each month, dependent on the hemisphere of the user, naturally, should encompass the background.  (Ok, just kidding about the photo.)

This is something I've been looking forward to 'cuz I use my schedule mainly for my work schedule.  While I love to use it online, my mother wants something she can pin up to her board at home so she can nose into my life.  ;)  I 'spose it'd be nice to be able to print out a vacation schedule as well when on the road, should I ever do something crazy like that again I mean...

No shame shall be placed on you!  No no NO!  You are my schedule savior!  I mean, I poke fun at Mom a bit but really?  I don't even own a cell phone.  So Luxcal saves my butt!
Posted:  03 Aug 2012 22:11
Ha Lucky you! My mother never put my work schedule on her pin board :(
Posted:  04 Aug 2012 05:24
We always think the other is more lucky, right?  Tall people think short people are lucky, while short people look up to the tall. heh  Careful what you wish for!  ;)