RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / Add cookie timeout option
Posted:  20 Jul 2012 21:16
Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a setting to determine when a user's cookie timeout is. So, they can choose when they automatically logout. I am guessing it would be a universal instead of case by case, but I'm not sure. What I don't want to do is login every half hour, for instance. Like, extend the time to an hour?
Posted:  24 Jul 2012 16:50   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi there,
There are two things which should not be confused:
1. When logging in, the user can select the "remember me" option. If selected,  a cookie will be stored on the user's computer with an expiry time of 1 month. So if the user doesn't use the calendar within a month he/she will have to log in again.
2. When a user launches the calendar his/her user id and some other variables (last selected view, date, etc.) are kept in PHP session variables. These PHP session variables stay valid for certain duration, which depends on the PHP installation on the server. (normally 1 hour).
If a user has not selected "remember me' (1. above) and . . .
. . . doesn't make any inputs during 1 hour he will be logged out and will have to log in again.
. . . closes the calendar (without logging out) and launches the calendar again within an hour from the same computer, his/her PHP session variables will still be valid and he/she will be logged in automatically. But if he/she does not launch the calendar again within one hour, he/she will have to log in again.

With this explanation in mind, could you please clearly specify your request.
Roel
Posted:  25 Jul 2012 17:40

Quote:

1. When logging in, the user can select the "remember me" option. If selected,  a cookie will be stored on the user's computer with an expiry time of 1 month. So if the user doesn't use the calendar within a month he/she will have to log in again.

This is what I am talking about. Thank you for the clarification!
Posted:  28 Jul 2012 12:27   Last Edited By: Roel B.
I have made this cookie expiry period an admin Setting in the new LuxCal release 2.7.0 (can be set to 1 - 1000 days).

If you want to change this period in LuxCal 2.6.1 you can edit the index.php file and change the value 2600000 on lines 51 and 57.
This value is the number of seconds before the cookie should expire. E.g. 60 x 60 x 24 x30 = approx. 2600000  (seconds x minutes x hours x days).