RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / Added/edited dates?
Posted:  23 Jun 2012 02:49
Perhaps this would make things too complicated, either in the interface or the database, but I've been thinking it might be nice to have a "dated added" and a "date last edited" for events...
Posted:  23 Jun 2012 23:38
Hi Gork,
Actually both the "date added" and the "date last edited" are already kept in the database (used e.g. for the Changes view and the changes sent via a cron job).
Currently these dates are just "used", but not shown. What would you suggest to do with these dates? Show the somewhere?
Roel
Posted:  24 Jun 2012 08:32   Last Edited By: Gork
Yeah, I was just thinking it'd be nice to show them on, say, the edit window, somewhere near the bottom out of the way, in a small font or something.  As is, when I need to keep track of this stuff I type dates into the description field manually.
Posted:  27 Jun 2012 08:53   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Done. In the next LuxCal version, rather than just showing the owner of the event, the "date added", the "user who added", the "date last edited" and the "user who last edited" are displayed in the Event window. In addition, via the Settings page the administrator can enable the display of this same information on various other views and in the "on hover event details popup".
Posted:  28 Jun 2012 10:11   Last Edited By: Gork
Well, it sounds like you thought this was a good idea too then!  And, being the over-achiever you are you just had to take it a few steps further eh?  ;)
Posted:  28 Jun 2012 17:16
Haha, the credits are all yours ;)
Posted:  05 Jul 2012 21:27
Hi, was this added in 2.6.1c of LuxCal? I would like to be able to roll over the event and see when the event was dated. Thanks.
Posted:  05 Jul 2012 23:31
Hi there,
Sorry, no this has been implemented in the next LuxCal version which has not been released yet. I hope to release this new LuxCal version 2.7.0 in a couple of weeks time with several improvements including the event added date/ event edited date/user.
Roel
Posted:  06 Jul 2012 18:26
Oh ok thanks very much for a great product. It has helped my company out very much!