RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / Date/Day/Back/Forward is missing in week-view
Posted:  07 Jun 2012 21:56
Hi.

Please look a attachted picture. Since i updated my LuxCal to 2.6.1c and Firefox to Version 13 the Date/Day/Back/Forward Bar in week-view is missing :-(

Search-button also looks a little bit funny. Maybe it has something to do with my problem.

http://wickie833.dyndns.org/cal/cal.jpg

LuxCal v2.6.1c
OS Windows XP
Firefox 13.0

In IE8 everything is fine.

So there must be a problem with Firefox 13.0

Greetings from Austria
Hannes
Posted:  07 Jun 2012 22:17   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Guten Abend Hannes,
In response to your post above I upgraded to Firefox 13.0 and have no problem.

On the picture you posted also the header for the week view (Montag, Dienstag, Mitwoch, etc.) is missing.
The display of both the Date/Day/Back/Forward Bar and the header with day names do not depend on anything. It's therefore really strange that they are not displayed.
Have you implemented any changes in the LuxCal scripts week.php or dw_functions.php?
And do you have this problem only in Week view and for instance not in Day view?

I would be interested to have a closer look at the HTML source of your Week view page. Would it be possible to send me a temporary username / password for your calendar? (via the Contact Us page)
Roel
Posted:  07 Jun 2012 22:48
Roel,

thanks for your prompt reply.

No changes in scripts ! The same problem in Day view.

Send the user/pw via Contact page

Hannes
Posted:  09 Jun 2012 19:15
Roel.

Thanks for your mail !

Seems to be a problem (only) with Windows XP. On my Laptop (Win 7/Firefox 13) everything is fine !

Tomorrow i can send you the html-code from my Windows XP installation.

Ciao
Hannes
Posted:  09 Jun 2012 21:02
I have the same problem (suddenly)
In chrome all is fine, in FF13- the arrows got lost...
I use 2.6.1a
Posted:  09 Jun 2012 23:20
Hi YossiN,
Really strange. I had a detailed look again and, as said in my earlier post, the display of the header with the arrows doesn't depend on anything; it is just simple plain HTML.
I need to see the HTML source as received by the browser when the error occurs. I have no problem when using Firefox 13.0 and cannot reproduce this error.
So far Hannes hasn't sent me the HTML source . . .
Roel
Posted:  10 Jun 2012 15:33
Roel.

source sent !
There is also something wrong with the search-button.

YossiN, what about your search-button ?

Hanneshttp://wickie833.dyndns.org/cal/button.jpg

Hannes
Posted:  10 Jun 2012 17:57   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Thanks Hannes,

In the HTML source you've sent me everything (the bar with the arrows + date and the header with day names) is present and the HTML code is correct.
Your previous post with the too high search button is very interesting. I'm pretty sure this button is causing the problem. Because it's too high it is pushing the bar with arrows and the bar with day names down behind the week calendar, i.e. the part with the scroll bar (this part is displayed on a fixed location).

I checked your HTML source and as a matter of fact the search button HTML code is fine (similar to the other buttons); the only difference is the symbol displayed on the button. This is a special character (HTML code: ∇ which is the upside-down triangle); maybe Firefox 13 has a problem with this special character.

It's indeed interesting to know if YossiN has the search button problem as well.
Roel
Posted:  10 Jun 2012 20:28
Roel.

As told via eMail, the search button symbol is causing the problem under Windows XP/Firefox 13

Problem solved, thanks a lot !

Hannes
Posted:  10 Jun 2012 23:00   Last Edited By: Roel B.
wickie833, I have the same problem with the search button in FF (in Chrome it's OK)

roel: where to send the html?
Posted:  10 Jun 2012 23:02
but I think I see something: for both wickie833 & me the "Administration" drop-down is NOT in the blue line but under it... so is all the rest of the line
in chrome it's in the blue line
Posted:  11 Jun 2012 09:19   Last Edited By: Roel B.
YossiN,
We found the problem! The symbol on the search button is the nabla character (in HTML: "∇"). Apparently the new Firefox 13.0 has problems with this character.
If in the file canvas/header1.php on line 84 you replace ∇ by for instance the letter S, then the problem is solved.
So line 84 should look like:

Code:

echo '<button type="button" title="'.$xx['hdr_search'].'" onclick="window.location='index.php?cP=21'">&nbsp;S&nbsp;'."</button>n";
&nabla; is a normal HTML sysmbol and I don't understand why the new Firefox doesn't like it.
In a next LuxCal release I will replace &nabla; by an other language independent symbol.
Posted:  15 Jun 2012 06:52
I tried to modify the code and got into trouble (so made rollback)

when will you release the new version with the fix?
Posted:  15 Jun 2012 10:16   Last Edited By: Roel B.
In the file canvas/header1.php just do a replace of "nabla" by "#8745". This should solve the problem and has no side-effects.

A new version of LuxCal is planned for July 2012. No firm date yet.