RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / 2 problems in 2.61
Posted:  11 Apr 2012 22:01   Last Edited By: Roel B.
1- I'm using Firefox. looks like it blocks pop ups in the new version, both in the login and when I want to modify event. is it a problem with my FF or something in the program?

I "played" with the pop up blocker and sorted it out, but I don't think that's the right way...

2- I want to change the maximum number of days to be shown in the "Upcoming" view. it's no longer in the /pages/settings.php file. where did you move it to?
Posted:  12 Apr 2012 19:55   Last Edited By: Roel B.
1. I agree that the Login and Event window should not be blocked by the pop-up blocker, however, it seems that the Firefox pu blocker has some problem with the clean and optimized html code of LuxCal 2.6.1. (http://javascript.about.com/library/blblock.htm). I'm looking for an acceptable solution.

2. It's still there: On the Settings page under "Views" - "Days to look ahead".
Posted:  13 Apr 2012 08:47
about item "2", I didn't explain myself well

I used to modify the code and changed the maximum upcoming days from 365 to 9999 (you instructed me to look in the "/pages/settings.php" file

now it's not there anymore, where do I look for this modification?

On the other hand, why not enable "unlimited" in the setting?
Posted:  13 Apr 2012 11:42   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Ok, I see what you mean.
In the file pages/settings.php on line 126 change 365 to 9999. So this line should look as follows:

Code:

if ($lookaheadDays < 1 or $lookaheadDays > 9999) { $upcD = ' class="inputError"'; }
and you should change the description (1 - 365) on line 303 accordingly.

"unlimited" could cause a problem if the calendar contains repeating  events without end date (like birthdays for example). The list would then become very, very, unlimited long ;-)
Posted:  24 Apr 2012 09:56
We've found a solution to avoid activating the pop up blocker in certain browsers when opening the log in window or an event window. This also solves the log in problems some users have when viewing the calendar on a mobile device.
The solution in included in the latest LuxCal download v2.6.1b.