RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / What\'s this red box?
Posted:  03 Mar 2012 06:29
There is a red box around the date for the 2nd column 5th row of the calendar page on my full-page install.  No matter what dates I look at the red box is always in this same location.  I only recall it showing up in the last few days and I have no idea what it means.

Any clues?
Posted:  03 Mar 2012 11:05
Hi Gork,

Yes, this red box was asked for by one (or some) LuxCal users. When you jump to a specific date in the calendar, the red border highlights the selected date.
So when you initially launch the calendar you won't see this box, but if thereafter you jump to a specific date (e.g. via the date picker in the navigation bar), then this date will be highlighted with a red box.
It also appears when you skip forward or backward using the arrow buttons. In this case it's usefulness is maybe doubtful.
Roel
Posted:  03 Mar 2012 11:19   Last Edited By: Gork
Ahh, got it.  I feel a bit silly for not being able to figure that out, actually.  So it's just the date entered into the date field at the very top of the calendar.  I don't understand why people'd want that - but it doesn't bother me now that I know what it is.  :)

While I have your ear, I noticed that if I go to a different date, close the browser then reopen the browser it opens to that different date instead of today's date.  Two questions about this...  First, is this working as intended, or is it a cache issue?  And second, it almost seems like this has come up before but I've forgotten, is there somewhere you can click so the calendar will take you back to the present date?

Oh wait, nevermind on point #2.  I thought I'd seen it before...  Click the "goto date" button (top left) and pick "today" on the small calendar that appears.  Doi.  I'm still curious about #1 though.
Posted:  03 Mar 2012 17:53
Once a specific date has been selected, e.g. via the date picker or the arrow keys, this date is remembered during the PHP session. The duration of a PHP session is set to one hour, so if you close your browser and then relaunch the calendar within one hour, the previously selected date is still valid. I thought it could be useful that when you accidentally leave the calendar and then relaunch it, you're straight back to where you were before (?).
Posted:  03 Mar 2012 17:57
Yes, I agree - I like the way it works as-is.  Thanks for explaining!