RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / E-mail address validation
Posted:  23 Feb 2012 03:49
Hello,

In first place, let me thank you for creating such a wonderful software as LuxCal and realeasing it for free. It's really useful, and even better, simple to use! thump_up

I've been testing LuxCal, and I think I've found a small "problem" that had me scratching my head for some time. For some reason I was getting no e-mail reminders, and after some debugging (please, keep in mind that I'm not a professional programmer, and that my PHP knowledge is really low) I've realised that the problem was the e-mail address validation regex that LuxCal uses.

In these files:
cronjobs/notify.php
pages/event.php
pages/login.php
pages/users.php

the original e-mail validation regex doens't accept an e-mail address like aaa.bbb@ccc.ddd.eee.fff, which was the format of the address I was using for testing purposes. Yes, I know that usually e-mail addresses don't look like that (they tend to be shorter), but "unfortunatelly" they exists.

I've changed the original code in the 4 files previously mentioned from
/^Dw*?(.{0,1}(w|-)+?){0,2}@((w|-){2,}.){1,2}D{2,4}$/
to
/^Dw*?(.{0,1}(w|-)+?){0,2}@((w|-){2,}.){1,4}D{2,4}$/
and everything has started to work properly.

Would that create any conflicts or side-efects? If not, I was wondering if you would please consider including these changes to the e-mail validation regex in some future release of Luxcal? In that way I could easily upgrade to future versions without having to manually retouch the source code.

Anyway, thank you very much for coding and mantaining LuxCal. :D

Best regards.
Posted:  23 Feb 2012 11:02
Hello Pantricio,

Thanks for reporting this problem. And . . . for solving it!
Yes, I agree and will include your solution (changing 2 into 4) in the related files in the next LuxCal release (v2.6.1).

Thanks again,
Roel