RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Add another calandar to site
Posted:  31 Jan 2012 00:18
what is the best way to add another calandar to the same site?

I am changing it a liitle to suit my needs, I need to have 5 calandars on the same site all with different data from each other.

Is the best way to add 5 folders and install it 5 times on my server?
Posted:  31 Jan 2012 12:10   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Currently there is no way to have several calendars sharing the same scripts.
So, yes, the best way is to have 5 folders and install the calendar 5 times.

To reduce the number of MySQL licenses needed, if this is an issue, you can use one MySQL database (same database name) with a different table prefix per calendar (e.g. cal1_, cal2_, etc.).
Posted:  24 Feb 2012 03:54
Having two different calendars in two different directories, doesn't work if you try to go between them. It's like there are only one set of session variables. The first calendar to open in the browser wins. Even if you shut the browser down and restart it right away then go to the 2nd calendar, the calendar name and settings from the first calendar are displayed.

If you shut the browser down for a couple minutes, and go directly to the 2nd calendar, it becomes the new default, and you can't load the 1st calendar.
Posted:  24 Feb 2012 13:32   Last Edited By: Gork
You must also have two different database prefixes to ensure database info and LuxCal variables are kept separate...  If you do indeed have the database set up properly, do you have the same results if you close the browser window before you visit the second site?
Posted:  26 Feb 2012 21:03   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Gork is right. When you install a second calendar in a different directory, you can use the same database (same name) without any problem, but you should use a (different) database table prefix to ensure that the second calendar gets it own database tables. If both installations have the same (or no) prefix, they will use the same tables, and the result will be exactly as you described in your last post.