RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Prevent from copy-paste to other site?
Posted:  26 Jan 2012 22:05
cfn anyone tell me  - is there any possibility to prevent from copying text from calendar?
Posted:  26 Jan 2012 22:30   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Do you mean copying text from the calendar pages in the browser?

Why would you want to do that? It's impossible to completely prevent copying text from a browser page and anyhow, everyone can just copy the text by re-typing it.

The general opinion of the internet is: "You should not want to do this!"
Posted:  27 Jan 2012 16:37
I know that it is impossible to prevent copying, and I just want to make copying less easy than select=>ctrl+c
my calendar is a sort of work of collecting info from many forums around country, and some people just take this info  and place it on their sites as it is their work. I just want them to work a little more if they want to copy this info from calendar.
Posted:  28 Jan 2012 17:47
Ok, that's fine.
Unfortunately this is very difficult to do.
There are ways to prevent visitors to view the page source in the browser, which you can find on the internet. But the visible text on the web page (calendar) can still be copied via Ctrl+a Ctrl+c.
Posted:  30 Jan 2012 10:10
Three are ways to do this; there have been times I have tried to copy text or a photo from a cite and am met with a dialog box that the objects are copy protected.  Also, there are sites you can copy text from and when you paste it somewhere else it adds a copyright tag to your paste.

Not that I'm saying at all that I think this would be a good addition, mind you; I would prefer this type of thing not be implemented, personally.
Posted:  31 Jan 2012 21:47
Gork, ah-ha, i`ve seen such implemention on one online mag.