RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / embedded into iframe but calendar does not look correct
Posted:  20 Jan 2012 02:29   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi
I imagine its something easy but I am a little green to iframes and php. I have loaded your calendar to test it but I am having trouble embedding it into another page. It links correctly but does not view correctly. 

The original page views and works fine
business.precision-design.com/index.php

test page does not
business.precision-design.com/test2.html

thanks for your help
Posted:  21 Jan 2012 00:34   Last Edited By: Roel B.
For a strange reason the style sheet "css.css.php" is not loaded. Tomorrow I will try to find out why.
Posted:  24 Jan 2012 19:49
Hi Roel,

Did you get a chance to take a look?
With an iframe do i need to link the original css file to the page its embedded in?

thanks
Posted:  25 Jan 2012 13:44   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi there,
I did take a look, several times, and I'm confused :o

I took your test2.html file, put in the URL of one of my test calendars and got the same result as you have (no styles).
Then I added in the test2.html file a 2nd iFrame exactly identical to the first one. Now I see two frames, the first still with the problem of no styles and the second perfectly ok. (?)
Then I created a new file (test3.html), similar to your test2.html, with a link to my test calendar, uploaded the file and everything works fine.

Please try duplicating the iFrame in your test2.html file and see what happens . . .
Posted:  25 Jan 2012 16:12
Thanks for your effort.
I tried what you suggested but it did not work.

So I decided to reinstall from scratch in a new area and it seems to work fine.;)

One last question though, In your final window of installing the last instructtion says to delete icconfig.php FROM THE ROOT DIRECTORY.

I am having difficulty finding this. I searched the server with an ftp program but get nothing.

Will this cause problems if I do not delete it?

thanks again, for your help.
You have a nice little product.
Posted:  25 Jan 2012 20:08   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Sorry for that.
The file lcconfig.php is a tool to configure and test the calendar only in case of problems. If it would stay in the root directory, everybody could have access to your database user name and password which would be a major security issue.
However, to avoid that users would forget to delete this file, we decided - last minute - not to include it in the standard .zip file. It will only be sent to users on request.

So in your case there is no problem, you don't have this tool.
Roel