RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / There exists already a calendar with this name
Posted:  01 Jan 2012 22:26
Hallo

Voor iedereen de beste wensen voor het nieuwe jaar

Ik probeer de nieuwe versie 2,6 te installeren, maar krijg steeds melding;
There exists already a calendar with this name

Dit was een vorige versie , die verwijderd is , heb al eens naam veranderd van map ed maar niks schjint te helpen

g
Posted:  01 Jan 2012 22:40   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hello Frans,

A Happy 2012 to you too!

The message "There exists already a calendar with this name . . . " means that one or more datebase tables with the names users, categories, events or settings already exist in your MySQL database.
So:
1.  if you want to upgrade, leave the file config.php in the calendar root, upload the new LuxCal 2.6.0 and launch the calendar via your browser.
or
2. If you want a completely new installation,  delete the file config.php from the calendar root, log in to your hosting account, and delete the tables in your MySql database. Upload the new LuxCal 2.6.0 and launch the calendar via your browser.

That should do the trick.
Groeten, Roel
Posted:  02 Jan 2012 10:52   Last Edited By: Roel B.
hallo Roel

Ik had de vorige kalender helemaal verwijderd , de database via adminpanel ook verwijderd

kalender/database  onder diverse namen proberen te installeren, maar foutmelding blijft

hetzelde geprobeerd op een ander domein/server weer dezelfde foutmelding

ik begrijp dat de config.php in v 2.6 niet meer aanwezig is

bedankt   FRANS
Posted:  02 Jan 2012 12:40   Last Edited By: Roel B.
For security reasons the new version 2.6.0 doesn't use the file config.php anymore. Instead the calendar settings are stored in the MySQL database and the database credentials are stored in encrypted form in the file lcaldbc.dat.

I just did an install from scratch on one of our test sites:
1. Via the server control panel, using phpMyAdmin,  I dropped (deleted) all tables in the test database,
2. I deleted the file lcaldbc.dat
3. I launched the calendar and entered the requested data.

No problem, everything went fine; no error messages.

The only reason for the error message:
  Error: Existing Calendar
  There exists already a calendar with this name, please go back and remove existing calendar.

can be that one or more of the database tables users, categories, events or settings already exists in the MySQL database at the moment of the installation.
Posted:  02 Jan 2012 15:44
the first time errror
Unable to write the file lcaldbc.dat to disk, please go back and check the permissions of the calendar's root directory (should be 755).

but the permissions are good 755

i klick the back button ,,klick the install button

then the message
There exists already a calendar with this name, please go back and remove existing calendar.
Posted:  02 Jan 2012 16:04
Frans,
Permissions 755 is ok, but there can be other reasons why the calendar cannot write to the root directory, for example .htaccess.
Send me your email address (via the Contact Us page) and then I will send you the a new tool for LuxCal 2.6.0 to check and analyse installation problems.
Roel
Posted:  03 Jan 2012 09:14
Hi,
755 may be not sufficient. It depends which user does the access.

If I access my webspace through ftp it is a different user than access through web respectively the calendar itself.

Therefore I have to set permission to 777 via ftp access on my installation.