RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / nothing appears on Mac
Posted:  25 Dec 2011 23:52
installed LuxCal on XAMPP on a Mac but nothing appears.  The screen is blank.  Set up the database, added the config.php file, but then pressed the start button and nothing appears.
Posted:  26 Dec 2011 10:04   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Erik,

This must have something to do with your local settings, like file permissions, PHP settings, etc.

The new LuxCal version 2.6.0 - which is planned to be released at the end of this week - has a tool which can check your configuration and see if all is ready for LuxCal 2.6 to run.
The tool is made for LuxCal 2.6. If you want to experiment, I can send you a LuxCal 2.6.0-beta version, but then I need your email address.
Roel
Posted:  02 Jan 2012 20:20   Last Edited By: Roel B.
I have installed 2.6.0 to my server, but when I try to access it, all it displays is a "0" in the upper left corner. I've run the install script and everything looked good, DB created, etc.

This appears to have to do with the date_default_timezone_set function in the index.php file.
Posted:  02 Jan 2012 23:30   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi there,
Are you sure you are running PHP 5.1 or higher on your server?
Earlier PHP versions don't support the date_default_timezone_set function and some other functions used by the calendar and consequently will not work.
Posted:  03 Jan 2012 01:53
Thanks, that was the problem. I'll have to work with my sysdamin to update.