RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Moving Calendar
Posted:  07 Oct 2011 20:15
I would like to move the calendar folder to a new sub-directory and create another instance/DB at the existing location (we changed our mind on how we want to use it but need to keep the existing entries). We want to have 2-different \"Public View\" calendars.

What do I need to do (for the move) besides copy everything and update $calendarUrl in config.php with the new location?

When I installed it, I did setup a $dbPrefix value, just in case.

Do I go back through the install process (with a different $dbPrefix) to create a second instance/table)?
Posted:  07 Oct 2011 23:27
If you want a second set of database tables, with a different prefix, the easiest would indeed be to copy (or upload) all LuxCal files/folders - but NOT the config.php file - to the new location and launch this calendar. If the config.php file is missing, the install script will automatically start.
During the installation you can enter the same database credentials as for calendar number 1, but of course a different prefix.
Upon successful installation cut and paste the generated config.php content in a file and upload this file to the root of calendar 2.
Now you will have a second calendar instance using the same database but with its own set of tables.
Posted:  08 Oct 2011 06:32   Last Edited By: Roel B.
I want to do both.

I installed the current instance under /Calendar and it has been fully loaded for 1-ministry of my church. But other groups want to use the calendar with it's own "Public View" so I want to move everything from /Calendar to /Ministries/Adult/Singles/Calendar and install a new/clean instance back in /Calendar for everyone else to use with their own tables.  Both need to have their own, separate "Public View" calendar.
Posted:  08 Oct 2011 10:14   Last Edited By: Roel B.
The installation script does the following:
1. Create the database tables (events, users and categories)
2. Produce the content for the config.php file
Nothing more.

The installation is not directory dependent.
So moving the calendar is easy; just move all files- including the config.php file - and sub-directories to a new web-accessible location, change the calendar's URL on the admin's "Settings" page and you are done.