RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / Transparent event background
Posted:  20 Aug 2011 03:20   Last Edited By: Roel B.
I would like to see the implementation of a transparent background when the user doesn't specify a background color.  The appearance would be of plain text on a yellow background.
Actually, I guess it would be plain text on whatever background is there, since the background isn't always yellow.
Posted:  20 Aug 2011 10:04
I'm afraid I don't fully understand what you would like to see.
What part of the calendar would you like to be transparent?
And what would you like to see through the transparent background?
Posted:  20 Aug 2011 21:28
Yeah, I’m sorry, that wasn’t well described.
     Currently the monthly view of the calendar has three backgrounds.  Light yellow for weekdays, darker yellow for weekends, and white for days outside of the current month.  I want some of my categories to have no background color.  Those would use the background color of whichever block on which they occur.  On weekend blocks their background color would be the darker yellow, on weekdays the light yellow, etc.
     Here is an example from our current calendar  http://plus.calendars.net/bselc/.  I hope this helps.
Posted:  21 Aug 2011 10:55   Last Edited By: Roel B.
I don't know how to go about this. Not all browsers treat transparency/opacity in the same way and if I'm correct, it also depends on whether the calendar is displayed in its own window or in an iframe.
Posted:  22 Aug 2011 06:34   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Currently an event's background color defaults to white if the event's category doesn't have a background color assigned.  What I'd like to do is to have the event's background color default to the color of the days' square that event is being placed into (light yellow if the day is one of this month's weekdays, dark yellow for this month's weekend, and white for days outside of this month).  It's not really transparency, it's just like a chameleon taking on the color of it's background.  :-)

I hope that makes more sense.  I can look at the code if you can tell me where an event's background color is assigned.
Posted:  22 Aug 2011 16:28   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Dave,
It took me a bit of time, but finally I understand that you are talking about the background of the events. I thought you wanted the calendar itself to be transparent. Sorry for this misunderstanding.

I agree with your wish and have implemented this change.
In the next LuxCal release an event in an event category for which no background color has been specified will have a transparent background and consequently take the color of the area on which it is displayed.