RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / iCal import/export
Posted:  20 Aug 2011 00:32
I don't know if it'a a feature or not, but events imported from an iCal file cannot later be exported as iCal events, even though they show up on the calendar OK and seem to show no difference from hand created events in the events database.  The iCal export feature only exports events that were created by hand.

As a coder, I really appreciate all the work you have put into this project and have so freely given to us!!!!
Posted:  20 Aug 2011 00:36   Last Edited By: Roel B.
I will test this. Imported events are not treated different from hand-created events. So normally there should be no problem to export imported events again.
Are you sure you've set the export selection parameters right?
Posted:  20 Aug 2011 00:46
I believe I'm exporting correctly.  I've tested it fairly extensively.  We will use three calendars, one for our church, one for our pastor and one for our school and its principal.

I imported a years worth of labels for the Sundays of the church year to an empty calendar (created via VBA).  The events show on the calendar.  I try to export the events, and a message says that there is nothing to export.  I added two events to the calendar manually and only those two events export.  I tried editing events that I had imported, they still don't export.  I tried changing their category, still no go. 

It puzzles me, especially when every field in the events table matches up with evnets entered by hand.  It's not a major issue, but one way of replicating calendars and backing them up.
Posted:  20 Aug 2011 02:06
I discovered what I was doing wrong.  :o  I was not using the selection criteria correctly.  I thought the second line was the ending date for the date selection.  Sorry.  I loathe reading manuals and instructions!!!  :(