RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Added events don't show up
Posted:  14 Aug 2011 13:31   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi when I make an event and add it, it does not show. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
When I check the database, the events are added, but they don't show up on the calendar.
Thanks
Posted:  14 Aug 2011 14:35
Hi there,
This is a known problem and has been solved in LuxCal v2.5.2, which has just been released.
Please download this latest version.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Roel
Posted:  14 Aug 2011 19:30   Last Edited By: davidq90
Thank you.

Also, is it possible just to have it show 1 month? For example, just have it show month of August when it's August?

By the way, the calendar layout doesn't work in Google Chrome.
Posted:  14 Aug 2011 19:49   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Show exactly 1 month
Go to the admin's Settings page and in the View settings set "Weeks to show in Month view" to 0 (zero).

Google Chrome
The calendar has been tested in Chrome and on our computers the calendar works fine in Chrome (v13.0).
Could you give more details on the layout problems you have in Chrome?

Roel
Posted:  15 Aug 2011 00:57
Huh never mind, I removed some utorrent toolbar and now the calendar shows perfectly in Chrome. That was weird though.
One more thing: When you go on settings or one of the other options in the dropdown menu in the top right, there's no way for you to get back to the calendar. I refresh the page and it'll still be on the settings page, for example.

Thanks again
Posted:  15 Aug 2011 10:11   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi David,
Not being able to use the "Go back one page" browser button is caused by the PHP session mechanism which remembers the last selected page via the URL (look in the URL address field when selecting a page). So if before selecting one of the calendar pages no other page was explicitly selected, indeed you can't use the "Go back one page" browser button.
But fortunately there is always the Views drop down menu on the left side of the navigation bar:)
Roel
Posted:  18 Sep 2011 22:30

Quote:

Hi there,
This is a known problem and has been solved in LuxCal v2.5.2, which has just been released.
Please download this latest version.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Roel

hi there Roel, I still don't see my entry if I only have one event in 'upcoming'.
version 252.
They will show in other views.
If I add more events on that same day(in my case 29th sept.2011)
they still don't show up.
If I add another event on an other day, they suddenly re-appear.
For the next one or two days you can try [url=www.truuk.nl/agenda]my luxcal installation on my website[/url] to see what I mean
Posted:  18 Sep 2011 23:16   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hello Hugo,
It's difficult to say what's going wrong, but a couple of things concerning Upcoming Events have been solved in LuxCal 2.5.3, which will be released before the end of the month September.
Roel
Posted:  19 Sep 2011 00:25
I just found that in config.php the number of days to look ahead for upcoming events was only 7 days.
but changing that to 365 didn't help.
Posted:  19 Sep 2011 20:50
Does the hidden event have a category assigned to it?
Posted:  19 Sep 2011 22:47
That's a good point David. It could be that the hidden event has a category assigned which is not visible to the public and thus doesn't show up in the Upcoming Events list if you're not logged in.