RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / Stand-Alone Sidebar?
Posted:  30 Jun 2011 15:30
Hi,

I've mentioned this a couple of times, and have been hoping it would be implemented. I haven't seen it listed in the change log in the last couple of updates, so I thought I'd make it "official" by suggesting it in the official suggestions category.  :)

I would like to be able to have the side-bar available as a stand-alone piece that can be inserted into a web page, similar to the mini-calendar.

If this has already been done, my apologies. If not... pretty please... :D

coolRay
Posted:  30 Jun 2011 20:45
Hi Ray,
I agree this would be nice and I will certainly think about a possibility
The side-bar however, is quite different from the mini calendar; the mini calendar is displayed in it's own iframe and consequently is independent of the parent page. Whereas the side bar is a <div> layer inside (part of) the page which makes it a bit complicated.

But as I said in the beginning, I will see what can be done.
Roel
Posted:  26 Jan 2012 17:38
has the sidebar been included? It will be very helpful
Posted:  26 Jan 2012 23:00   Last Edited By: Roel B.
A stand alone sidebar has not been included in LuxCal 2.6.0.
Maybe in one of the next versions of LuxCal.

It would be not too difficult to make a stand-alone sidebar in an iFrame, but then you would loose the flexibility of moving it over the screen, like can be done in the calendar.

So I'm looking into the possibility to create a piece of code and a few styles which the user should include in there dynamic (e.g. php) web pages. The down side is that in this case the user will need  some PHP skills to make it work.
Posted:  23 Jul 2012 04:08   Last Edited By: RayC
Just checking in to see what's new, and saw this thread. FWIW, (personally) I'm not necessarily interested in a floating sidebar that you can move around the screen; just a mini version of the event list. I'd be happy to have it in an I-Frame or a static position.

(Although floating it on another page would be cool, too ;) )

I appreciate how difficult it is to balance all the requests with a stable, functional tool.

Keep up the good work. thump_up