RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / Admin needs to be able to add events for other users
Posted:  18 Jun 2011 23:09
Hello

I have tested this app with a view to using it for a GP Surgery.
It is so close to meeting their requirements but just needs one more feature:

The admin user needs to be able to create events and assign them to other users.

This way, one central user could take responsibility for creating a monthly rota for all staff, then each staff could have access to their individual rota ads well as the group combined rota.

make sense ?

Cheers

joe
Posted:  19 Jun 2011 19:08   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hello Joe,
More users have asked for the possibility for the admin to create events for other users and therefore I believe this is something of general interest.
What I could do is in the "Add event" and "Edit event" window - when opened by a user with admin rights - display a drop-down menu with all registered users from which the admin can select an event owner. This will suffice if the total number of registered users is not too large, I believe.
Please let me know if this is what you are looking for.
Roel
Posted:  21 Jun 2011 15:24
Hello again - thats exactly what I need.

Please send changes to me too - will send you email now via contact form

thanks so much

Joe
Posted:  28 Dec 2011 18:23
Roel or Joe, I would also like this script if someone could email it to me please.

thanks,
Angel
Posted:  28 Dec 2011 18:48   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Angel,
This feature was introduced in LuxCal 2.5. It is not just one script; this change has affected several scripts.
So if you are using LuxCal 2.5.x and you log in as admin, you have the possibility to create events for other registered users. This is done by selecting a user from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the Event window.
But maybe you are still using an older version :(
If you consider upgrading to the latest LuxCal version, I suggest to wait one more week for the release of LuxCal version 2.6.0, which is more secure and has some interesting new features.
Roel
Posted:  26 Jan 2012 16:34
is it possible that the owner field is made in form of a search box that allows you browse through the list of users? for example, if there is a long list of users, the ability to type the user in that box can help save the trouble of browsing through the list one by one.
Posted:  26 Jan 2012 22:36
The owner field on which page?
What would you like to do?

In the next LuxCal version 2.6.1 users with Post All rights will see in the Event window a drop-down list with all registered users and can create an event for a particular user by selecting a user from this drop-down list.
Is that what you are looking for?
Posted:  07 Feb 2013 23:25
Hi Roel,

Digging up an old thread but I was wondering if this was ever implemented, having users with Post All privileges create events for other users.

Currently using 2.7.0, but I looked through the code on 2.7.3 as well and found under eventform1.php on line 86 the check it does to see if the usermenu is visible when creating events.  Not sure if there is another variable like $admin for the Post All users that can be added to the if statement.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Michael
Posted:  08 Feb 2013 00:21
Hi Michael,
Currently only the admin can create events for other users.
If you want a patch to allow all users with Post All rights to enter events for other users, let me know and tell me for which LuxCal version you want this. It's a very minor change.
Roel
Posted:  08 Feb 2013 18:11   Last Edited By: Danwestlake
Hi Roel,

Perhaps a new user level for down the road. Manager can add, edit events and assign them to a user but doesn't have admin functions.

Just an idea.

Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  08 Feb 2013 18:58   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Dan,
Yes, adding a new user level would not be a big problem. But I don't know if there is demand for it.
A solution would also be to give users with "Post All" rights the possibility to add events for other users. They have rights to edit events of other users, so why not changing the event owner as well? This change would take less than 1 minute ;)
Roel
Posted:  09 Feb 2013 13:45
Hi Roel,

That makes sense. You could simply rename it to Manager as well with that change if you wanted.

Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  09 Feb 2013 16:32   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Ok, I'll do that.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Posted:  14 Feb 2013 18:05
I like the sounds of that.  In the meantime, I've sent you an email Roel for the patch.

Thanks again!

-Michael
Posted:  14 Feb 2013 18:50
Done.