RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / Suggestion: Email all function
Posted:  12 May 2011 21:51
Hello. Firstly, what an awesome calendar, thank you for your time with this.

I thought the email notifications are a good idea, but some people may find typing in each separate email address long a tiresome. How about a button to email all registered users? If people are willing to register with the calendar, they're probably interested enough to receive email updates. I just thought it may expand the usability of the email feature.

I'm about to start learning php so hopefully in a month or two I'll be able to submit code to help with new features, rather than just suggesting stuff for other people to do. :D

Thanks again for this.

Acae
Posted:  12 May 2011 22:43   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hello Acae,
The possibility to receive regular emails with calendar changes is mainly meant for the calendar owner(s) and not for each user. Users can open the Changes page of the calendar to see what has recently changed. And via the RSS feeds users have an easy way to see what events are upcoming.
We should also not forget that most ISPs will not accept bursts of many emails sent at the same time (to avoid sending spam).
We are happy you like the LuxCal calendar.
Roel
Posted:  13 May 2011 04:37
Yeah Roel, I see your point. Probably not the best suggestion then huh?  :D