RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Single Sign on
Posted:  08 May 2011 07:05   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi.
I am building a site where people have to sign in to have access to the pages. How can I have some sort of a single signon feature where the user only needs to log into the site without having to log also into the calendar. In other words, I would like to be able to log the user to both the site and the calendar at the same time.
Thanks for your help.
Posted:  09 May 2011 00:03
Hi there,

More users have asked for a "single sign-on" feature. The solution on the LuxCal side depends on what is possible on the "callers" side. If you could call the calendar and pass as parameters the user name and password, then I could use these user credentials in the calendar's index.php script to log-in the user automatically (if this user has been defined by the calendar administartor).
However I need to further investigate this possibility because for security reasons I don't like to pass the (unencrypted) password in the calendar call.

Could you let me know if you have the user name and password available and if in principle it would be possible to add these parameters to the calendar call (e.g. something like: <a href="www.yoursite/calendar/index.php?un=john&pw=jwhite99" . . .)
Roel