RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / how to merge it within the current website
Posted:  29 Apr 2011 23:13
How can i merge it within the current website's webpage and how can i add multiple calendars for different pages for different events.

Kindly help.

Moon
Posted:  30 Apr 2011 08:46   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Embedding
The different possibilities to embed the LuxCal calendar in your own web page can be read in section 5 of the installation_guide.html.
Multiple calendars
There a several possibilities.
a. One possibility would be to create different calendar installations, using the same database by using the $dbPrefix variable in the config.php file.
b. Another possibility is to have just one calendar installation and use one dedicated event category for each calendar. In this case you could embed the calendar without header (no navigation possible) and set an event category filter for each individual calendar.

Roel
Posted:  30 Apr 2011 10:34   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Which parameter i must use in the second case?

Quote:

Another possibility is to have just one calendar installation and use one dedicated event category for each calendar. In this case you could embed the calendar without header (no navigation possible) and set an event category filter for each individual calendar.
Posted:  30 Apr 2011 12:47
I have another question along with the previous one. And that is the event calendar only shows the calendar when somebody gets logged in. Is there a way to show event calendar without login on the page?
Posted:  30 Apr 2011 23:00   Last Edited By: Roel B.
A dedicated event category per calendar
If you can live with just one event category per calendar (which is a compromise), then the admin could for instance define the following event cats: calendar a, calendar b and calendar c. The weak point now is that you will need the category id (and not the name) as "handed out" by the MySQL database. If you would start from scratch, event cat "calendar a" will be assigned event cat 1, "calendar b" will be assigned cat 2, etc.
Now you can use different URLs each with a different parameter "cC" (current category) to filter on these event cats.
For example:
http://www.your_calendar_site_1.com?cC=1 (calendar showing events with cat "calendar a")
http://www.your_calendar_site_1.com?cC=2 (calendar showing events with cat "calendar b")
http://www.your_calendar_site_1.com?cC=3 (calendar showing events with cat "calendar c")
So these three different sites use the same database but each just show events in the "cC" event category.
(The down side is that in this case you can only use one event cat per calendar.

Your last question
On the admin's Users page give (at least) read access to the "Public user". Thereafter not logged in users (public users) can view the calendar without logging in. If you give the Public user more rights - e.g. post own rights - not logged in users can also add/edit/delete (own) events.
Roel