RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Change event owner
Posted:  04 Apr 2011 12:55
Hi,

I really love your calendar solution, it is by far better than everything else I have tested. So, keep up the good work. thump_up
I have a question/issue regarding event owner though. I have 10 calendar users and 10 categories - category_id=user_id - I have it this way, so that every user has its own color for his/hers own events. As a calendar admin I also post events for other users but I would like them to be able to change these events. If I post an event as an admin, the event owner is admin, but I would like the user also to have the option to change that event. So far I have been doing it manually with an update statement and changing the user_id in the event table, but it would be really helpful if I could change the owner in the post event form. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks and best regards,
Jernej
Posted:  04 Apr 2011 21:05   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Jernej,

For this a change of the event.php script would be required.
If the user has admin rights, a dropdown menu with all users could be displayed from which the admin could then pick an owner for the event.
For this an additional db query is required to retrieve the list of users.

This change is rather specific for you and unfortunately I have no time. Therefore I'm afraid you will have to implement this change yourself.
Roel
Posted:  05 Apr 2011 11:11
Thank you for your quick reply. Looks like I am on my own... ;)

Regards, Jernej
Posted:  05 Apr 2011 14:35
Just to inform you...

With my very limited php knowledge, I have managed to add an additional field (drop down) on the event form - Owner=user_id and it works just as I wanted, except for showing the dropdown also to users with no admin rights (but that doesn't bother me - yet).

Regards, Jernej
Posted:  05 Apr 2011 20:04
Well done Jernej!
Regards, Roel