RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Error on install
Posted:  24 Oct 2010 06:19
Hi,

I am getting this error at the top of the page, after which the page seems to render ok - but i don't see the admin link.

warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/j/p/i/jpiazzo/html/cinedv/govcal/config.php:62) in /home/content/j/p/i/jpiazzo/html/cinedv/govcal/index.php on line 35

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/j/p/i/jpiazzo/html/cinedv/govcal/config.php:62) in /home/content/j/p/i/jpiazzo/html/cinedv/govcal/index.php on line 39

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/j/p/i/jpiazzo/html/cinedv/govcal/config.php:62) in /home/content/j/p/i/jpiazzo/html/cinedv/govcal/index.php on line 39
Posted:  26 Oct 2010 06:48   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hello,
There are two possible causes:
1. Your language files (ui-english.php and ai-english.php) have the wrong encoding. The encoding of all language files MUST be 'UTF-8 without BOM' (BOM = Byte Order Mask).
2. You have one or more blank lines or space characters at the end of your config.php file, which must be removed (using a plain text editor).

The encoding of the language files in the original LuxCal download is correct.So you should either download and install the original language files anew, or change the encoding of your language files yourself to 'UTF-8 without BOM'. (you can do this with the excellent editor Notepad++, which is freeware (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/)).
Roel
Posted:  10 Jan 2011 22:05   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Randy,

Please send me the:
-  full error message
- the LuxCal version you are using
so that I can have a detailed look.
Roel
Posted:  11 Jan 2011 05:38   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Roel,

ver luxcal 2.3.2

I have even DL'd and installed the engish language pack - no difference.

The errors are:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/Shared/randy/bpoe/luxcal/config.php:66) in /home/Shared/randy/bpoe/luxcal/index.php on line 35

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/Shared/randy/bpoe/luxcal/config.php:66) in /home/Shared/randy/bpoe/luxcal/index.php on line 39
Posted:  11 Jan 2011 10:47   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Randy,

From the warning message you posted, I can see that the problem is caused by the file config.php (see bold part below). There is something strange: apparently config.php line 66 is responsible for sending a 'header' which should not be sent. However, the config.php file has normally only 63 lines!.
Please check if you have any 'strange' characters in your config file it must be a plain text file with ANSI encoding.

Or otherwise send me your config.php file (rb@luxsoft.eu) and I will check the file for you.

Roel

Your warning message:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/Shared/randy/bpoe/luxcal/config.php:66) in /home/Shared/randy/bpoe/luxcal/index.php on line 35
Posted:  11 Jan 2011 15:19
Amazing!! Had a few blank lines at the end of the file.
Thank you so much Roel!!! :D
Posted:  26 Mar 2011 18:56
Hello Roel B.

I am also getting the above errors:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/secret/public_html/secret/luxcal/config.php:69) in /home/secret/public_html/secret/luxcal/index.php on line 35

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/secret/public_html/secret/luxcal/config.php:69) in /home/secret/public_html/secret/luxcal/index.php on line 39

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/secret/public_html/secret/luxcal/config.php:69) in /home/secret/public_html/secret/luxcal/index.php on line 39

I have downloaded and installed the "langpacks-lcal24en-20110320" but it has not made any differences.

I am using LuxCal version 2.4.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
Posted:  26 Mar 2011 21:01
Hi Paul,
From your first warning message I can see that the error is caused by line 69 of the file config.php. The config.php file however, should have only 67 lines.
This means that you most probably have some empty lines at the end of your config.php file.
Edit the file with a plain text editor (notepad, notepad++, etc.) and remove the empty lines at the end of the file.
This should solve you problem. If not, let me know and we will do some further analysis.
Roel
Posted:  27 Mar 2011 03:27
Hello Roel,

Yes, there was one empty line at the end. Who would of thought that would have made a difference.

Thank you for your great help.

Paul