RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Email settings
Posted:  12 Oct 2010 18:43
Hi!
Thanks for a very neat and useful calendar :). I wonder if it can be set so that when a user check in that he would like a confirmation email when he add, change or delete an event  so I always also get a copy of the email (so always send a copy to $ calendar email)?

Kind Regards
Morgoo
Posted:  13 Oct 2010 07:22   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Morgoo,

If a user wants a confirmation email of an event he/she added, edited or deleted, he/she can check the "Send mail now" checkbox in the Event window.
The administrator can setup a cron job to periodically start the sendchg.php script and put his own email address in the email list on the Settings page. This would result in a periodical (e.g. daily) email to the admin with all calendar changes for the past day. Furthermore, via the Changes page the admin (and any other user) can see the most recent changes.
If the admin needs an instant email when someone add, edits or deletes an event, a modification in the event.php script would be required.
Roel
Posted:  13 Oct 2010 18:22
Thanks for the quick reply Roel. I myself have tried to implement the function in event.php but without success since I only have some general knowledge of php. I then tried with similar code used in formail via $ sendmail. I use a cron job for sendchg.php and have even tried notify.php but it's not really what I refer. Is there any chance at getting help with the necessary modification?

// Morgoo
Posted:  14 Oct 2010 03:03   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Morgoo,
Tell me exactly what you want, and I will see what I can do.
For instance:
1. Should the user who adds, edits or deletes an event automatically receive an email notification, or is the "send email now" checkbox in the Event window ok?
2. Should the admin always receive an email when a user adds, edits or deletes an event? (Why does the admin not simply open the Changes view to get the complete picture of all changes?)
Roel
Posted:  14 Oct 2010 18:22
Hi Roel.
1.My friend uses Luxcal for ordering treatment for her Physio clinic where she offers massage, electrical therapy, physio therapy etc. in dogs and humans. She also performs treatments on horses at the customer. When she is at the customer (which is pretty often), she uses her smartphone to access email, it would be handy when a customer made an appointment to send the a confirmation directly to her also. I have set up the checkbox so that by  default is checked, (the client get  always a confirmationof the booking, change or cancellation, even if he / she fails to check in the checkbox. The function requested is to be sent a copy to $ calendarEmail (admin) if checkbox is checked which it is by default. One possibility would be to hide the "Send mail now" and always let the customer get a confirmation email when they book / change or cancel, so it works in some web shop where you signed up with e-mail address. She uses sendchg to check for any changes two times per day.
2. Is there any possibility to translate even calendar titlel and even categories? I have translated LuxCal into Swedish but her site is also available in English and so even LuxCal as you can se here:  http://www.sofiesfysioklinik.se/english/calendar.html and it looks indeed a bit strange with the title and category in Swedish there. Regarding the translation so is certain words modified to suit her business, if you want LuxCal language package in swedish I can change them and send you a copy of the langugae pack.

// Morgoo
Posted:  18 Oct 2010 05:09   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Morgoo,
concerning emails
What I can do is:
1. Remove the option "Send mail now" from the Event window.
2. Whenever an event is added, edited or deleted: automatically send an email to the user (customer) and to $calendarEmail
Question: Should I remove the complete option to receive an email notification x days before the event is due, including the email list from the Event window? Or just the "now" option?

translate calendar title and categories
Translating the calendar title and the categories when the user selects English or Swedish on your website is not easy. Both are not coming from the language files. The calendar title comes from the config.php file and the categories are retrieved from the MySQL database table "categories".

Roel
Posted:  18 Oct 2010 19:21
Hi Roel!

concerning emails

1. Yes, remove the option "Send mail now" from the Event calendar.
2. Yes , always automatically confirmation mail to the user(customer) and to calendarEmail (admin) when he/she add,delete or makes any changes.
If it is possible the notification option might remain , if it not is to difficult with the PHP code.
(this is not so important)

translate calendar title and categories

I can write the title in different languages in the 2 main pages above the iframe where the calendar is in, the title only dissapears in the confirmation mails, but the mail receiver can still se who the sender are
I have to write the category name in both languages like this: Dog/Hund (Hund is dog in swedish) if the sign / is allowed in the data base. This will work fine too.

// Morgoo
Posted:  19 Oct 2010 07:59   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Morgoo,
Done. I've changed the event.php file to meet point 1 and 2 in your previous post. As suggested, I have left in the normal "Notify x days before event is due" function.
I have sent you the changed event.php file for testing.

A "/" character  in the category name is no problem.

Roel
Posted:  31 Oct 2010 01:21
Hi Roel :)

Many thanks for your help with modifying event.php, now it works exactly as I wanted, that always the administrator receives a email copy when something happens (addition, modification or deletion) and the user also always receives a confirmation email.

Kind Regards
Morgoo
Posted:  13 Jan 2012 10:51
Hi!

Is it possible to have that altered event.php file?
I need exactly the same email actions.

Thanks.