RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Adding additional subcategories
Posted:  11 Nov 2017 01:04
I have tried to modify the subcategories to include more than the 4 that are available. After locating all the database tables to update  and the location of the sub cat line 58 category.php

$cat['subN10'] = isset($_POST['subN10']) ? trim($_POST['subN10']) : '';
$cat['subC10'] = (isset($_POST['subC10']) and $_POST['subB10'] != '#FFFFFF') ? $_POST['subC10'] : '';
$cat['subB10'] = (isset($_POST['subB10']) and $_POST['subB10'] != '#FFFFFF') ? $_POST['subB10'] : '';

and line 145

$cat['subN10'] = $row['subName10'];
$cat['subC10'] = $row['subColor10'] ? $row['subColor10'] : '#303030';
$cat['subB10'] = $row['subBgrnd10'] ? $row['subBgrnd10'] : '#FFFFFF';

and from subcat.php line 40

if ($row['subName4']) { $subCats[] = array($row['subName4'],$row['subColor4'],$row['subBgrnd4']); }

The subcategory function works just fine, when you go to the calendar view an error occurs telling me that it is unable to display information from the retrieve.php page line 241

$evt['snm'] = $row["sn{$evt['sid']}"];
$evt['cco'] = $row["sc{$evt['sid']}"] ? $row["sc{$evt['sid']}"] : $row['cco'];
$evt['cbg'] = $row["sb{$evt['sid']}"] ? $row["sb{$evt['sid']}"] : $row['cbg'];

Am I missing something with the information being pulled from the db.
Posted:  16 Nov 2017 04:14
Hello,

Unless I am missing something you can add categories via the admin control panel. There isn't any need to edit the file. What version are you running of LuxCal?

Regards,
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  16 Nov 2017 11:46
Hello Dan

I think that Sqntech is talking about the sub-categories. Every category can have up to 4 sub-categories.

But I think you knew this already ( but didn't read the "sub" )
Unfortunately I can't help with the code, but I am sure someone else is able to.

Kind regards
Schwartz
Posted:  16 Nov 2017 15:59
Hello Schwartz,

You are correct, I read past the "sub" part. I definitely can't help with the code part either.

Kind regards,
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html