RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / innodb-installation problem
Posted:  31 Jul 2017 19:06
Hi there,

Trying to migrate luxcal from one web host to another, and I'm getting the following error while trying to run the save/install button. (Test does run and passes)

2017.07.31 11:20:20 Script: /Calendar/install452.php - SQL query error: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1286 Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB'
Query string: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `mycal_events` (..

InnoDB isnt listed as a requirement for Luxcal, is there a way to get around or bypass this InnoDB option? Current hosting provider only allows it on dedicated machine hosting, not the shared hosting plans.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

-trop54
Posted:  02 Aug 2017 22:14
Hi there,

I assume that you've made a backup on the server of the previous web host using a tool like phpMyAdmin and that you're importing this MySQL file on the server of the new web host. Right?
InnoDB is absolutely no requirement for LuxCal, so I suggest in the .sql file to just delete "ENGINE=InnoDB at the end of each CREATE TABLE statement (5 times!). This should cause no problems.

Please let us know if this solved your problem.
Roel
Posted:  08 Aug 2017 23:02
Hi Roel,

Thanks for the tip. I wasnt actually migrating the data using yet, I was working on installing Luxcal first and then I will migrate my data using export/import.

I did however grep and find InnoDB in the toolboxx.php file and removed it from the CREATE TABLE entry which allowed the install to complete just fine.

Thanks very much for the assistance.

-tim