RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Change Form "Shift planner"
Posted:  26 Apr 2017 00:22
HI

I would like to use this calendar as a "shift planner". Ist ist somehow possible to change the names "Event" and "Title" to "new shift" and "Name" ?
Posted:  26 Apr 2017 10:27
Hello Jakob,

In the /lang folder you will find the language files for the language you are using. If you are using English, I assume you are because you said "Event". You will need to edit the file "ai-english.php" and replace the word "Event" with "New Shift" and "Title" with "Name".

If down the road you upgrade you will need to edit the language file again.

Regards,
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  26 Apr 2017 10:52
Thanks.

Just one more thing. Would it be possible to have a dropdown menu for the names (Title). Like the categories? So that i can select the names.

regards,
Jakob
Posted:  26 Apr 2017 11:15
Hello Jacob,

That's not so easy; then the titles (names) should be put in a separate database table, like the categories.
However, when entering a new event (shift) and the Event window opens, and I put the cursor in the Event title field, then the history feature of the browser (in my case Firefox) gives me a drop-down list with all earlier titles (names). Isn't this what you are looking for?
Roel
Posted:  26 Apr 2017 12:48
Hello Roel

Thats maybe a bit to complex ;) But is it possible to sort the categories in the month view? So that category A is always on top of the day?

Jakob
Posted:  26 Apr 2017 16:00   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hello again Jacob,

To sort on category first, a minor change is required:
Edit the file common/retrieve.php and replace lines 32 and 33 from . . .

//sort on start/end time + date-time added (last added event at the top)
function sortEvts($a,$b) { return strcmp(str_pad($a['sort'],5).$b['adt'], str_pad($b['sort'],5).$a['adt']); }

to . . .

//sort on category name + start/end time + date-time added (last added event at the top)
function sortEvts($a,$b) { return strcmp($a['cnm'].str_pad($a['sort'],5).$b['adt'], $b['cnm'].str_pad($b['sort'],5).$a['adt']); }

That should do the trick.
Roel