RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Repeat quarterly
Posted:  23 Feb 2017 05:24
This may have already been asked but I can't find an answer. Is there anyway to set an event to repeat quarterly? We have our church business meeting quarterly so I need to be able to add it to our calendar. Thx for any help with this.
Posted:  23 Feb 2017 10:53
Hello LTH

Yes there are.

On the event You set repetition.
You choose : repeat every - then You set the number to 3 and of = each month(s).
Then the event is repeated every third month = quarterly
That should do it

Kind regards
Schwartz
Posted:  23 Feb 2017 23:24
OK I tried that and is does work with one exception, I need it to always be on the third Wednesday of the month. I'm guessing that can't happen.
Posted:  23 Feb 2017 23:46
Hello LTH

You can have it every third Wednesday of EACH month ( or a specific month )
OR
You can have it on a specific date quarterly -  but it is an OR and not an AND.

Maybe someone  have a clever idea
Kind regards
Schwartz
Posted:  25 Feb 2017 10:52
Hello LTH,

As Schwartz has pointed out it is an OR and not an AND option. It would appear that being able to simply add both options would solve your problem but perhaps not.

Here is one other potential problem with trying to get in on say the third Wednesday every three months.

This could be different for different countries but you have holidays that happen each year which fall on different days of the week. For example, in the U.S. July 4th this year is on the first Tuesday and next year Wednesday and the year after that Thursday. You could have a holiday that would fall on the third Wednesday every three months on occasion.

You could try adding it every 13 weeks which is the same as quarterly.

I haven't upgraded to the latest version yet. I'm still running 4.5.1 but when I try adding it for every 13 weeks I don't get an error but it doesn't appear to add either.

Regards,
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html