RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / Suggestion: When deleting an even, close the popup
Posted:  22 Dec 2016 09:57
When you click the button to delete an event, it doesn't make much sense to keep the popup open, it would be a more expected behaviour to have the button work more like the "Add and close", ie delete the event and close the popup.

Small issue, but would make it a bit more polished.
Posted:  22 Dec 2016 11:13   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hhmmm . . . It's a possibility.
But the idea behind leaving the window open is that if the user accidentally deletes an event, he/she can directly restore it again by selecting Add (or Add and Close).
So I'm not convinced smile
Roel
Posted:  23 Dec 2016 13:01
Hello Troberg and Roel

I agree that it maybe would be more "polished" to have the window closed, but I like the possibility to regret when You accidently hit the delete.
You are told that the event is deleted and You can just close the window.
It is not often You have to manually delete an event, I think, and when You have to all it takes is an extra click.
It is much worse, that You accidently click an event You shouldn't have deleted - then it is good to have the possibility to regret. You ARE told that the event is deleted, and then You can think : did I want to delete ?

Kind regards
John
Posted:  23 Dec 2016 16:12   Last Edited By: Roel B.
I might chime in as well. smile

In some programs you get "Are you sure you want to delete?" and if you click "Yes" that's it and there is no Undo. In others you can turn off the confirmation and if you click "Delete" it's done and no undo. In Windows you have the "Recycle Bin" which you have the option to turn off. If you haven't turned it off you can restore a deleted file.

In the database until you run the "Compact" function a deleted event is still there. Perhaps more trouble than it is worth. Add an "Undelete Event". This would allow for the window to be auto closed and still provide for deleter's remorse if they wish to undelete an event.

Like I said, probably more trouble than it is worth to code in the ability of being able to search etc and select an event to undelete. Personally I'm with Roel and not convinced it needs to be changed. It gives the confirmation it has been deleted. The close is the user confirmation they wanted to delete it and are done with that record.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Regards,
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  23 Dec 2016 19:03   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Dan,

Always good to have your views as well.
There is also an "undelete" function on the admin's Database page.
One more click to close the window for something (delete) which doesn't happen too often is acceptable I think. So I will leave things as they are wink
Roel