RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Auto Email Notification upon add/delete/change event
Posted:  19 Dec 2016 09:03
Dear admin,

I have been using luxcal for the past few days as a web calendar, and I would like to be able to automatically send an email instantly to the administrator of the calendar whenever an event is created, deleted or edited in the calendar by logged-in users. However, it seems that an email only will be sent to a receiver through the send mail now in the event tab page and requires to know the email address to be filled in which in this case the logged in users would not know the administrator's email address.

So I would like to ask, how is it possible to send an email notification instantly to the administrator upon event created, deleted, or edited? It would helped a lot if there is a way to do this.

Thank you
Posted:  22 Dec 2016 11:26
Hi there,

On the admin's Settings page, under Periodic Functions you can enable "Send a cron job summary". If enabled, the admin will receive once a day a summary of all added, edited and deleted events.
But maybe you would like the calendar to send an email instantly to the admin upon a calendar change? Is that correct?
It's not too difficult to implement this option in a next release.
Roel
Posted:  22 Dec 2016 13:52
Hi Roel,

I think Chunzen is wanting the email to be sent immediately. True the cron will give a digest of changes but the admin might want notification immediately instead of what could be many hours later when the cron is run.

As the admin a change or deletion of an event may have little to know impact or importance to me. On the other hand if for example it is for a booking the sooner the admin receives notification the better.

Regards,
Dn

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  22 Dec 2016 15:46
Hi Dan,

This is rather easy to implement and, as you said, for some users it may be interesting to have immediate notifications of calendar changes.
In the next LuxCal version I will add to the admin's Settings page a checkbox "enable/disable notification of calendar changes" and maybe a field for an alternative destination email address (for instance when a secretary processes the changes).

Regards,
Roel
Posted:  22 Dec 2016 18:52
Hi Roel,

I think those are great ideas, particularly a field for an alternative destination email address (for instance when a secretary processes the changes).

I'm sure if you add the feature to send an email immediately upon deletion or change someone will request an alternative destination email address.

Regards,
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html