RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / Could not change favicon logo icon
Posted:  01 Nov 2016 11:03
Dear Roel,

Would you please tell me about how to change the favicon logo icon.

Best Regards,
Posted:  02 Nov 2016 11:16   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Navy,
Depends on what LuxCal version you are using. But let's assume you are using V4.5.0:
Edit the file common/header.php, search for "icon", which you will normally find on line 444.
Now upload your icon to the calendar root and  replace the whole line by something like:
<link rel="icon" href="your_icon.png" type="image/png">
Roel
Posted:  04 Nov 2016 05:50   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Dear brother,

Thank you very much for your support, now it's working  biggrin

Navy
Best Regards,
Posted:  03 Jan 2017 10:58
In version 4.5.1 this change is in line 885.

Just find by 'icon' word.

Thanks
Posted:  03 Jan 2017 22:29   Last Edited By: Roel B.
I would say it's on line 443.
It probably depends on whether you count the CR characters only, or both the CR characters and the LF characters wink
Roel
Posted:  04 Jan 2017 08:12
Hi Roel,

In LuxCal the file lcal.png is provided and in the root. Since they have to edit the file common/header.php to make the change for the favicon and at upgrade that file is deleted they then have to edit the file again.

Perhaps an idea since a number of people want to change the favicon but of course keep the powered by LuxSoft in the footer. In LuxCal change the line in common/header.php to: <link rel="icon" href="lcal.png" type="image/png">

In the documentation; To replace the default favicon just replace /lcal.png with your image with the same name of lcal.png.

Doing it this way they don't have to edit the file and they should already have a copy of the favicon they want to use that they can upload as lcal.png. At upgrade they could also just keep lcal.png if they don't want to upload it again without if affecting anything.

Kind regards,
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  04 Jan 2017 11:03   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Dan,

Yes, I think that's a good idea. I will do that.

Roel