RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / Settings refuses any TimeZone I put in
Posted:  27 Oct 2016 16:40
Hi All. I love Lux Soft Calendar. Help me fix an apparently simple bug, which I do not think is skin deep, so I can upgrade my client from another old web calendar.
I log in and go into Settings.
No Matter which Timezone I put in, correct spelling, (should be America/Phoenix (for mountain time - new mexico), /Los_Angeles, or even /New_York), as soon as I log out after saving, I get the following error message:

Code:

Warning: main() [function.main]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/rachman/public_html/calendar2/index.php on line 155

Notice: Undefined index: bake in /home/rachman/public_html/calendar2/index.php on line 155

Warning: setcookie() [function.setcookie]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/rachman/public_html/calendar2/index.php on line 155

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rachman/public_html/calendar2/index.php:155) in /home/rachman/public_html/calendar2/index.php on line 155
RACHC CalendarPublic AccessThursday 27 October 2016

I have looked at the code in Index.php, timestamp function (not in 155) but it is being fed a string from somewhere else -- which the error mess fails to point to. Unfortunately this occurs whenever logging out as Admin, whether I change settings or not.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this please? I just installed your program for the first time a few hours ago
Posted:  27 Oct 2016 22:59   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi there,
I think you've run into a bug which will be fixed in the next LuxCal release. I don't understand why other users are not complaining about this problem.
What you should do is the following: Edit the file index.php in the calendar's root directory and replace line 155 . . .

if (isset($_POST['logout']['bake'])) { //login (bake 0:forget, 1:remember)

by the following two lines . . .

//when login: bake 0:forget, 1:remember
if (isset($_POST['bake'])) {

Now your problem should be solved.
Roel
Posted:  28 Oct 2016 00:09
Hi Roel
I appreciate your help. But now, I cannot log in as either Admin name. That sort of solves the logout problem. lol. just kidding. Can you look at this more closer?
Thanks.
Barry
Posted:  29 Oct 2016 10:59
Hi Roel
I really need this fixed as I discovered it during a presentation to my client. As mentioned, adding your code prevented me from even getting IN at all to the admin section. Can you help? There are many features I like with your program. More Details: I am on a Win7 Ultimate box at home, Centos box with latest Apache, PHP 5.6 I believe. I changed your code back, as I told the client to just ignore the errors for now when they log out of the Admin section. Better to get in and start poking around than nothing at all.
BTW your line 155 is my 213, sorry.

Help.